Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Swing arm bearing shaft removal 8 years 1 day ago #11634

• BLOOMFIELD
  • BLOOMFIELD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I have got the rhs pin out and am currently still soaking the other one with penetrine .. perserverance me thinks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swing arm bearing shaft removal 8 years 22 hours ago #11639

• BLOOMFIELD
  • BLOOMFIELD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks everyone for your help and ideas, the pins are out and what a mission. One pin came out with a lot of resistance and the LHS pin said no.
I removed the right hand side pin then undone the drive shaft flange bolts at the gearbox output shaft, next I angled the swing arm slightly to the left and then pulled it out leaving the LHS pin intact. It came out easily.
The stubborn pin was then soaked with a mix of 50/50 Acetone and Auto Trans Fluid.. that mix worked a treat to penetrate into the gunk. After soaking for 4 hours I got my brass drift and knocked the pin right through the frame and out the other side of the frame.
I have used 360 grit wet and dry sanding paper to clean out the pin hole and cleaned the pin on my wire buff .. the pins now push through the frame very neatly ..
The motor has been soda blasted and I have just finished priming, top coat and clear in High Temp engine paint .. it looks like the day it was made.
Thanks everyone for your input and will post up when the Zed is completed. We have some six into six pipes on the way to make it sound sweet ($2600) .. not cheap..cheers from Oz.

Swing arm bearing shaft removal 8 years 16 hours ago #11643

• Mark
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Lol I found that task one of the most challenging and frustrating that I have undertaken on a z13
17 years a Z13 owner at present 3 x A1's and an A4
The following user(s) said Thank You: BLOOMFIELD

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds