Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Opinions for rear shocks please? 8 years 2 months ago #10985

• m_gurney
  • m_gurney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi All,

Just a quick one, I have a KZ1300A1 which is a wanderer at over 70mph - to the extent that it is really only comfortable on the motorway where you have the options of 2 lanes for travelling in a straight line! :ohmy:

Frame and forks are straight. Rebuilt front forks with new progressive springs and new fork oil (although still soft so may need to add some spacers to preload them). New tyres on front and back. Head bearings new and tight enough, as are the swingarm.

The only thing I haven't done anything about yet is the rear shocks (apart from paint and reassemble). They look fine and are not too spongy, but I was wondering if this is the next thing to look at? Cost is an issue as I still have to undertake a top end rebuild to sort compression out.

Has anyone tried these? www.japbikespares.com/kawasaki-kz1300-36...l-shock-absorbers-bc Opinions please? The price seems good even with delivery to the UK, and visually they are more appealing than the standard Hagon shocks available locally (although happy to be advised - would prefer performance over looks!)

Really appreciate it!

Cheers,
Matt
Biggest regret, selling my Voyager!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Opinions for rear shocks please? 8 years 1 month ago #11012

• m_gurney
  • m_gurney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Apologies all, I posted this and then saw that there was another thread with exactly the same question.
Biggest regret, selling my Voyager!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds