• Page:

TOPIC:

Replacement Handlebars ! 9 years 3 weeks ago #6655

• Tonto
  • Tonto's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
For a while I've intended swapping the original bars on my A1: I know its a personal thing, but I've never liked the way the bars pitch inwards, and to me just felt odd compared to all other bikes I've ridden.
Anyway, I had a set of NOS Suzuki GT750 Bars surplus to requirements and when I offered them up to my Zed was very pleased with the almost identical height & width, with a much more familiar pitch to them.

I am really pleased with how the Water Buffalo / Kettle bars feel in situ on the bike: a couple of photo's below illustrate just how marked the pull back on the original bars is.

Comparison of bars.

Kettle Bars fitted - feel just right when I sit on the bike

Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replacement Handlebars ! 9 years 3 weeks ago #6659

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lifelong Rider Suffering Through MBD
  • Thank you received: 274
Looks Good Tim!

I've had a friend describe the stock bars as "Buck Horn Bars". Not perzactly sure what he meant but they fit me well just the same.

I do like the look of the Suzuki bars on your bike.

Very nice.
Bill
1947 Indian Chief, 1968 BSA Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 Kawasaki W3, 1976 KZ900 A4, 1979 KZ750 B4, 1979 KZ750 B4 Trike, 1980 KZ550, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 1985 Kawasaki ZN1300, 1987 Yamaha Trail Way, 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1981 GL 1100, 2009 Yamaha RoadLiner S

Replacement Handlebars ! 9 years 3 weeks ago #6667

• stocktoy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 91
I know when I rolled my first 1300 (on an onramp to a highway damn spilled gravel that was my excuse then and I'm sticking to it now No I wasn't going to fast :whistle: into the top of the ramp or trying to lean too much :whistle: although the underside of my stock exhaust when changed to a DG system were ground down and had holes on the bottoms at the back heeheehee :woohoo: )and then fixed it I put on a set of what at the time where referred to "Superbike bars" a little lower in height and had me leaned over a bit, dropped the forks an inch through the clamps to quicken the steering. I felt more comfortable (at least for me)

Replacement Handlebars ! 9 years 3 weeks ago #6669

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
Yea Bro!! I often wondered why they didn't put the tread on the tire all the way around to the rim. I can't count the number of times I just ran out of tread on the corner. That grinding sound of the pipes is just there to give you a warning that you're about to run out of tire. Maybe I should think about an under the tail section exhaust???

Replacement Handlebars ! 9 years 3 weeks ago #6675

• stocktoy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 91
Hahaha :P I aways thought the pegs were a little to short therefore the exhaust touched down before the pegs started to push back up
And unfortunataly the crankshaft covers didn't do to well as frame sliders

Replacement Handlebars ! 9 years 3 weeks ago #6677

• McZed
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
What are you doing with your old bars Tonto?
Z1300 UK

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds