Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you make pieces and parts or provide services for Kawasaki Sixes you may post links here to your business or product catalog. If you're just into 1300's and have found a business that you like to deal with post it up here.

TOPIC:

FORK EARS IN STAINLESS STEEL 8 years 9 months ago #8091

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
Well put, Aerial O. I've not bought any fork ears, but have bought Lauri's mufflers, and they are astounding in their beauty and quality. When the time comes, I'll be buying the stainless air box covers.
I do wish somebody could make some horn covers, though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FORK EARS IN STAINLESS STEEL 8 years 9 months ago #8281

• AERIAL0
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Wish that Kawasaki would do the same as Suzuki and start production up again for the classic bikes. A limited run at the moment from Suzuki, but adding to it all the time.
We all can hope that Kawasaki will start one day?

FORK EARS IN STAINLESS STEEL 8 years 9 months ago #8321

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Even if Kawi did restart production on vintage bikes, I doubt they would revisit the 1300. It was never popular enough the first time around. They'd probably do the Z1 and that sort of thing. A shame really...

No these bikes aren't cheap to restore but we took that on when we jumped back in. I have to pick my battle for the present time. I have a limited budget but over the winter I can do some of the things I can't afford to do now.

FORK EARS IN STAINLESS STEEL 8 years 9 months ago #8325

• AERIAL0
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Z1's are 2 a penny and over priced in the UK in my opinion. A true muscle bike from the 80's would be the choice of 2. A CBX 1000 or a Z1300?
Owned a CBX in the past and a very nice bike. But Kawasaki showed the world that you can have a 6 cylinder bike which is water cooled and shaft driven with 120 BHP :woohoo: .
Good luck with yours, as still an on going project with mine as well as this.
Attachments:

FORK EARS IN STAINLESS STEEL 8 years 9 months ago #8326

• kennyb
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 8

Wow this topic was started like 7 months ago ? Obviously you guys making comments like "nothing is cheap" and "open your wallet" Obviously are from Europe. Here in the USA you can find KZ1300's on CL complete (non runners) for the price of those fork ears.Also I can buy a DG 6 into 1 exhaust (proudly made in the USA)for half the price of the stainless repro one. With the left over coin I can buy a new suspension and a big bore kit. Obviously in Europe the Z1300 are rarer and spares are scarce?Don't forget they were making the 1300's here in Lincoln Nebraska U.S.A. for awhile. For most American KZ1300 owners like my self it doesn't make sense to buy them since we have a plethora of parts and bikes here. I'm not trying to knock the quality and of course the old world craftsmanship of those parts but I can't foresee myself buying them anytime soon.The swing arm boot I may buy since those usually deteriorate and are even hard to find here.
Attachments:

Last edit: by kennyb.

FORK EARS IN STAINLESS STEEL 8 years 9 months ago #8327

• Lucien-Harpress
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 108
It's all about what you're willing to use. If you just want AN exhaust, or A set of fork ears, then yeah, you can find something that works pretty cheaply. But, if you're like me, and want to restore a bike back to as close to stock as you can possibly get, then you're going to pay for it.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds