Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you make pieces and parts or provide services for Kawasaki Sixes you may post links here to your business or product catalog. If you're just into 1300's and have found a business that you like to deal with post it up here.

TOPIC:

FORK EARS IN STAINLESS STEEL 8 years 8 months ago #8330

• tackelhappy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
And this bike sitting on the trailer is the very reason the aftermarket parts are needed.
There are lots of these old tourers around for sale & they are all missing the headlight brackets. Where are you going to find them.
The carbs are missing and so are air cleaner side covers- another common piece that gets lost.
So, ok , most of these tourers were sold in Nth America, but there are only so many naked's around to scavenge parts off.
And most of the restorations are going into naked bikes, not the touring versions.
Because what is left on this bike is probably worth only the selling price- the gas tank, the ignitor may get your money back on because most people aren't looking for frames and wheels and engines-
Just my two cents.
" If you can't say what you think, very soon you won't be able to think !
OKANAGAN FALLS. BC ,Canada

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FORK EARS IN STAINLESS STEEL 8 years 8 months ago #8334

• kennyb
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Yeah Tackle Happy it's on a trailer because it's missing fork ears? BTW what's wrong with tourers? All the parts were there but not in the picture.There was nothing wrong with the bike it just sat for many years. I actually ride the bike every day. What can I tell ya? I guess we agree to disagree. I'm looking more for a good running bike not a concourse quality restoration. I'm more concerned about having a safe and good running bike. What evah floats your boat. Pay through the nose for parts that's your biz ;)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by kennyb.
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds