Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you make pieces and parts or provide services for Kawasaki Sixes you may post links here to your business or product catalog. If you're just into 1300's and have found a business that you like to deal with post it up here.

TOPIC:

We can make almost any part look like new again. 5 years 8 months ago #20900

• tackelhappy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
To clean a piece of metal or aluminum like these samples you show , some kind of media is required- glass bead, bi-carbonate of soda , something like that. Sometimes mixed with water. Can you tell what that media is ?
" If you can't say what you think, very soon you won't be able to think !
OKANAGAN FALLS. BC ,Canada

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We can make almost any part look like new again. 5 years 8 months ago #20901

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Kawboy:

There wouldn't be any border duties because the part is being shipped down and returned back. I'm not aware of any duties associated with services rendered.

That might not true as far as I know. I've been specifically asked a few times if I had any service done on my bike when reporting the motorcycle parts I was hauling on my bike coming back to Canada. The 'purchase' category includes goods and services. If I'd spend 10 grand on custom work on a car, especially brought into the US from Canada, I have a feeling they would ask about it at the border. Maybe I am wrong, but that's the hunch I get.

I had the front brake master cylinder re-sleeved in California, and it was sent back to a US address and I had an exemption, so it wasn't even discussed at the border. By the way, it's $0 if under 24 hours, $200 at 24-48 hours, and $800 over 48 hours. Since a few months back I go across the border, about 40 minutes ride, to pick up things from a mailing service US address. It's not a PO Box. They charge US$3.75 now per package held up to 2 weeks at their facility. Then I think 0.30 daily. It's a well known place at Point Roberts, here on the West Coast. Asked at the border how much I purchased for, if it's under $200 it usually gets a pass.

As to vapor blasting, if anyone is familiar with the area around Vancouver, there is a place about an hour drive from here in Chilliwack where they do this. I think that's the only place here! I don't mean to sabotage your post Franconia, but for anyone who wants to check their prices etc. here they are - www.vaporblastcanada.com/Services.html
Actually, I was in the process of starting vapor blasting business right here in Vancouver a year ago and have done lots of research on the subject, but plans changed.

Well, I am sure if anyone can afford a Ferrari they will have no problem with any of the financial side of this. What I meant was for an average mortal here. For every 1 US buck we pay almost 1.35 Canadian (with exchange fees I think), so the attractiveness of buying across the border, unless no choice, has significantly dwindled since the times when both dollars were somewhat even.
That's my 2 cents - Canadian :ohmy: :(

Last edit: by StanG.

We can make almost any part look like new again. 5 years 8 months ago #20906

• Dion
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Hi Franconia
You said you have done some KZ1300 items for yourself.
it may help your cause if you where to give a reasonably accurate cost on some basic items you have experience with.
obviously mention its a basic cost but it would give some of the members a idea what they could get some things done for.
i guess member's who would shy away worrying about the cost will either be pleasantly surprised or (you may then get some enquirers) or be confirmed in their concerns.
Just a thought
Dion

We can make almost any part look like new again. 5 years 8 months ago #20907

• Franconia
  • Franconia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks Dion. Good idea. I will do some parts of the Bike As soon as I get the time. We will give a price before the ship an item to avoid any misunderstanding. We want only happy customers. BTW. It's very affordable.

We can make almost any part look like new again. 5 years 8 months ago #20918

• dcarver220b
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 181
Hey, Thanks for posting. I'll be using your services. Good stuff.

We can make almost any part look like new again. 5 years 8 months ago #20922

• Franconia
  • Franconia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
Would be our pleasure to make your project a success.
What parts do you want us do do?

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds