Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you make pieces and parts or provide services for Kawasaki Sixes you may post links here to your business or product catalog. If you're just into 1300's and have found a business that you like to deal with post it up here.

TOPIC:

We can make almost any part look like new again. 5 years 7 months ago #20958

• Bucko
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
Is this different than so called 'vapour blast' which is a grit based water blast?
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We can make almost any part look like new again. 5 years 7 months ago #20966

• Franconia
  • Franconia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks for your question. It it similar. We use a different much finer media.

We can make almost any part look like new again. 5 years 7 months ago #20970

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

Franconia wrote: Thanks for your question. It it similar. We use a different much finer media.

Our membership is a fussy bunch and are quite happy to have services done when they know "how" it's being done. Maybe if you take a minute and explain the process you're using to supply the service. Restoring motorcycles can be a love / hate relationship with suppliers. As an example, I had a set of camshafts ground and specifically asked for "certain specs" to be maintained. What I got back from this very reputable shop was nothing short of pure garbage and I had to throw the camshafts out. Now I'm building a grinder to rework my own camshafts because I don't trust anyone to "get it right". I am for one, reluctant to have any work done without a full uinderstanding of what and how the service supplier is offering ( in this case just exactly what process you are using)
The following user(s) said Thank You: StanG

Last edit: by Kawboy.

We can make almost any part look like new again. 5 years 7 months ago #20984

• RChaloner
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 40
Totally agree Kawboy.

This vendor started by posting up images suggesting a 'before & after' type comparison, with the 'befores' being typical dirty / corroded / pitted metal surfaces, and the 'afters' appearing to be beautiful smooth shiney metal surfaces.

Now surely all of us must've thought 'hang on, that implies an aggressive mechanical treatment to remove the top layer of metal to flat-out the pitting'

(or something to that effect!)

So yes an explanation of how that process copes with attached plastics / brackets / delicate items would be essential really.

You can't just grit-treat a tank sender without either total strip-down, or considerable prep I assume?
1979 KZ1300 A1
1999 K1200LT - now sold, I like them however was nearly as big as my X5 but no faster.

We can make almost any part look like new again. 5 years 7 months ago #20999

• Franconia
  • Franconia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi Kawboy.
Thanks for your your post and sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with on of your suppliers. I know exactly what you are talking about. I have to fix butchered bikes from other shops on a weekly bases. I am in the bike business for over 30 years and I think I know a little about it. I am a trusted Bike builder here in Florida. I am the only shop who gets referrals on a daily bases from the largest dealer in Florida Broward Motor Sports.
www.browardmotorsports.com/
If somebody wants to check it, there welcome to talk to the parts or service department at 954-467-0990.
I just finished the most amazing Trike on the planet, Iron Thunder.
www.motorcycle.com/features/behold-the-m...-trike-drum-set.html

About the Hydro Resurfacing business. Everything is explained on our website at: www.hydroresurfacing.com.
We use water, air and of course a slurry which is non abrasive and is Proprietary.
Every part leaves our shop in as mint condition as possible. We are very proud of our services.
We tough it would be great to offer our service to members of this board at a special rate.
We did not expect to open a can of worms and don't have the time to go into lengthily discussion. We are even willing to do one small sample part without charge (just shipping charges) to gain the trust of the You call it ' fussy bunch".
People can call us anytime during business hours to discuss there needs at: 754-234-0056
I hope I could help and clarify things.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch, DannyKZ, Kawboy

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds