Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you make pieces and parts or provide services for Kawasaki Sixes you may post links here to your business or product catalog. If you're just into 1300's and have found a business that you like to deal with post it up here.

TOPIC:

Possible parts remanufacturing 5 years 7 months ago #20887

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 240
I think this is a great idea, Dion. But perhaps it might be better for a business such as MCG to hold a stock of these items. Not everybody might want a coolant tank now, but when they do, it would be better to be able to get one off the shelf. I'm assuming your plan is just to order the minimum which would cover immediate requirements for members. But after that, what if somebody needs one?
Well done for looking into all this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Possible parts remanufacturing 5 years 7 months ago #20904

• Dion
  • Dion's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Hi Biltonjim
What is MCG
the idea was to set this up with the manufacturer in a way they would be able to reproduce on demand the parts we settle on making, in saying that making the parts on a one by one basis would be more expensive than having them made in a hit of 100.
it will at the end of the day come down to the amount of reply's of interest i get as what i do.
i wished to do this the cheapest way possible so dont want to many players getting involved as inevitably costs just go up
it seems the only product that may be worth doing is the Overflow bottle.
this does require a mould to be made so with this kind of investment it wont be for a few and once they have done then the mould will be still with them should further bottles be required , however it may be on a basis of you get 10 people and they will make that amount, i have come across this with guys doing one off things in the Ducati Forum im on, it does not suit everyone to wait until a order can be filled but it does keep the cost down.
im hoping they will be able to let me know by the end of the week what some items will cost to make, and on what basis etc.
Dion

Possible parts remanufacturing 5 years 7 months ago #20913

• RChaloner
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 40
as per Stan's suggestion, I would think the tank-badge mounts must also be top of the list, as they seem to be non-existent and a smaller simpler part.
1979 KZ1300 A1
1999 K1200LT - now sold, I like them however was nearly as big as my X5 but no faster.

Possible parts remanufacturing 5 years 7 months ago #20916

• Dion
  • Dion's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 42
my Tank badges are painted black
how did they come from Factory please
where they all just plain plastic,(Black?) or chromed
Cheers
Dion

Possible parts remanufacturing 5 years 7 months ago #20921

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Remembering all the photos I have seen they were all chrome, and my guess is plastic.

Last edit: by StanG.

Possible parts remanufacturing 5 years 7 months ago #20923

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027

StanG wrote: Remembering all the photos I have seen they were all chrome, and my guess is plastic.

Correct. Chromed plastic.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds