Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you make pieces and parts or provide services for Kawasaki Sixes you may post links here to your business or product catalog. If you're just into 1300's and have found a business that you like to deal with post it up here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

BAD SERVICE - Broadway Welding Vancouver, BC 6 years 3 months ago #18154

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
This is a review and account of my experience with Broadway Welding in Vancouver, BC. It has been one of the worst experiences of my life when dealing with what is supposed to be a paid professional service. Unprofessional, technically inapt, and a bad customer service.

Here is the story.

If anyone remembers, I had a side cover that needed some repairing. The chosen plan of action was to have the wall build up tig welding. Here is how it looked before the 'repair'.

The person who was assigned to do it was a Japanese woman working there named Chiko. I gave her detailed instructions specifically pointing out to where to weld and the shape of it. She welded way too much beyond the wall, in areas which where not to be touched. She said that many covers are difficult to weld, but this one was made form the kind of aluminum that was easy. I took it upon myself to remove the excess, hand machined and filed and got it done.
It looked good.

Here after I cleaned up the weld. You can see the metal welded well and smooth.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

BAD SERVICE - Broadway Welding Vancouver, BC 6 years 3 months ago #18155

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
I've noticed that the way she built up the wall made it not symmetrical. So I went back and asked to put just a little more 'meat' on the outside edge to make both appearing even. I explained everything directly to her, and physically pointed exactly to where I want it done.

Here a photo to illustrate what I've shown her.

I came back after a couple days and to my total shock she welded everywhere EXCEPT where I asked her to!!! She welded again over the areas where she unnecesserily welded before. I couldn't believe it!
I talked to one woman from the office and told her what happened. I told her I want another weld WHERE I WANTED IT because whatever that welder did was completely pointless and only screwed up my piece. I explained everything in detail, and also explained it to another person who is doing welding there. Chiko wasn't there, but I circled in black marker exactly where I want it done. They said they will explain to Chiko and they will call me when done. Unfortunately I don't have a photo of this stage of the screw up.

I came back to the shop next week. This time Chiko was there and nobody at the office. Here are a couple photos of what I saw.

Needless to say, I thought this has to be some kind of intentional malicious joke, or this woman is totally incompetent. Weld smeared all over the place like a child, weld in a totally not making sense, bubbles and holes! This definitely looked like intentional.

Last edit: by StanG.

BAD SERVICE - Broadway Welding Vancouver, BC 6 years 3 months ago #18156

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
See the little holes? There were none after the original weld!

Attachments:

BAD SERVICE - Broadway Welding Vancouver, BC 6 years 3 months ago #18157

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
I told Chiko that this is absolutely unacceptable and a great fuck up. You know what I heard in return? She told me that she did what I wanted, what's wrong with me, and eventually that something is wrong with me head! Arrogance unlimited!!! Whatever I was saying was going nowhere, and I felt that my capacity to talk was coming to an end. Needless to say, I left with a big f-u and I will never recommend this place to anyone! Absolutely not trustworthy. As far from a peace of mind as I can imagine when entrusting your precious parts in the hands of a shop.

Here, my last attempt to clean it up. You can still see those new holes, it's still not symmetrical, and the cover fucked up in places that were perfect prior to having them 'welded'.
I did my best, took it for plating, and it will be functional. It's at the bottom of the engine so not in your face, but of course that's not the point.

I will never go back to that place of course, and will never recommend it. Broadway Welding in Vancover, BC. - the place to get your good parts damaged.
Attachments:

BAD SERVICE - Broadway Welding Vancouver, BC 6 years 3 months ago #18158

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
I could have done THAT with a BIC lighter and a beer-can ! Other then cleaning it up as best you can, better not be too critical and leave it as is. Taking it back for a third time will result in further damage (if you get anything back at all) and achieve nothing. I understand your desire to get it right and hind-sight is always 20/20 but I would have left the cover as it was, cleaned up the rough edges from the missing piece and called it a day.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

BAD SERVICE - Broadway Welding Vancouver, BC 6 years 3 months ago #18159

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
In the hind sight I would too. But that's not the point.
It's already being chrome plated.

Last edit: by StanG.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds