Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you make pieces and parts or provide services for Kawasaki Sixes you may post links here to your business or product catalog. If you're just into 1300's and have found a business that you like to deal with post it up here.

TOPIC:

Anybody Tried This Company? 6 years 4 months ago #17906

• biltonjim
  • biltonjim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 240
www.megazip.net/

I wonder if anybody has tried this company for parts. They appear to have USA and Japanese warehouses, and list some parts which I thought were no longer available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonto, StanG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by biltonjim.

Anybody Tried This Company? 6 years 4 months ago #17907

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Never seen them but great find! All the prices are listed so there is a chance those are available. I am going to test them for sure.

Anybody Tried This Company? 6 years 4 months ago #17910

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Just placed an order with them about a 100 US dollars worth. Shipping in the US free. Shipping to Canada $38. Even small part if listed as coming from Japan additional &17. I am sure bigger items require more shipping costs. Paid with PayPal. Received confirmation from them and PayPal. Five minutes later got an email saying the order has been cancelled because these parts are not available and that they will take them off their catalog.
They said I will get refund to my PayPal right away. I certainly hope so. They seem legit but probably list many parts as available while they might be not. In other words, with money up front you take a chance. The good thing is PayPal offers warranty.

Anybody Tried This Company? 6 years 4 months ago #17914

• Bucko
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
Stan: I order a lot of my 'new parts' stuff from Partzilla and have it delivered to Point Roberts. The availability of parts from Partzilla's pats list is spot on (so far), there prices are the same or better than most other online suppliers and shipping to PR saves a bundle (especially if you 'save up' your order until you hit an amount that includes free shipping).
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

Anybody Tried This Company? 6 years 4 months ago #17915

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
You're in or around Vancouver, right? Not going into details of course, but I have been just about to post a message about a US-Canada connection. I had a guy who was doing trips to Sumas a few times a week. Got a couple things sent to his US address, saved a few bucks, and then he just disappeared! Glad I didn't sent more stuff his way. Found him on Craigslist again but no sense to communicate now. I will not pay 70 bucks on shipping for a 40 bucks part! True story. I got away with stupid fees like this having a buddy in Seattle and willing to accept the free shipping to his address. But he doesn't give a shit about bikes and has no patience for bike parts. I am a private guy, makes no sense setting up a box at the border. Things are just so much easier/cheaper to obtain South the border, but the shipping and tax for an average low profile citizen kills it!

Last edit: by StanG.

Anybody Tried This Company? 6 years 4 months ago #17916

• Bucko
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
You can set up a PR box if you want to (and if you're ordering a lot of stuff it may make sense), but a box is not required (I don't have one). (There is a downside to a box - some supplier won't ship to a PO box). Just register (for free) with the Shell station and they'll provide you with a code to use when shipping. They'll let you know via Email when a package is received and will charge a fee (when you pickup) for receiving each package (feed depends on size but a typical package is $3 US - larger/heaver items are more expensive). The details are on their website (google is your friend). I've been using the Shell station to receive packages for years (and the 'Letter Carrier' for many years before that).

One downside is with the price of gas being so brutal these days, the Point Roberts border lineups can be pretty busy. One option you have there is to park and walk or ride a bicycle across.
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

Last edit: by Bucko.
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds