Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you make pieces and parts or provide services for Kawasaki Sixes you may post links here to your business or product catalog. If you're just into 1300's and have found a business that you like to deal with post it up here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ultrasonic cleaner 6 years 8 months ago #17076

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Cutting down to the chase...

I have been researching the subject of ultrasonic cleaning and vapor blasting for a while. The plan to get a full size industrial grade fell through, now I need a lead for a home size ultrasonic cleaner that works and is inexpensive.

I am in Vancouver, Canada. I would love to get one that would be good for carburetor, piston etc. cleaning. Also soda or bead blasting.

Anyone around having this equipment and willing to share it?

Stan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ultrasonic cleaner 6 years 8 months ago #17090

• kwakka
  • Thank you received: 4
Hey Stan
I have to say I think the whole thing around ultrasomnic cleaning is overdone. Yes it may be easier cause you just stick them in the bath and hey presto, but I love the process of dismantling cleaning and checking carbies and with all my restos I've never done the ultransonic thing, carb cleaner, vinegar, my dremel and cleaning clothes are my stock in trade. I think half the time people wouldn't know the difference before and after anyway.
Cheers
PK

Ultrasonic cleaner 6 years 8 months ago #17102

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

StanG wrote: Cutting down to the chase...

I have been researching the subject of ultrasonic cleaning and vapor blasting for a while. The plan to get a full size industrial grade fell through, now I need a lead for a home size ultrasonic cleaner that works and is inexpensive.

I am in Vancouver, Canada. I would love to get one that would be good for carburetor, piston etc. cleaning. Also soda or bead blasting.

Stan

Check out Kijiji Stan. I bought one from a dealer that posts on Kijiji for $140. It's a 2 quart sized unit with a heater. Works well. (The wife has me do her rings every month.) Puts a smile on her face. "Happy wife, Happy life" I use Dawn dish soap with water for most cleaning and I'm happy with the results. I caution anyone using vinegar since it's an acid and will discolor your aluminum castings. Dish soap and water works fine. if you're after that polished look, Autosol and buffing wheels is the way to go. Lots of elbow grease.

Ultrasonic cleaner 6 years 8 months ago #17105

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
PK, in many ways I agree. By now, if muscle growth would be proportional to 'elbow grease', I'd have arms bigger than Popeye. LOL
I use rags and all sorts of oils and polishers, and my fingers. Damn the joints get pumped up..
Piezo technology is a wonderful thing though. Why not to use it. It works. Add it to the toolbox .
I have the pistons to clean. Piezo would be best to finish the job after manual cleaning.

Thanks for the tip Kawboy. I was looking into Aliexpress, but if anything local would be available without the wait, ultrasonic cleaner is definitely a tool to have.

Ultrasonic cleaner 6 years 8 months ago #17111

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76

Kawboy wrote:

StanG wrote: Cutting down to the chase...

Stan

Check out Kijiji Stan. I bought one from a dealer that posts on Kijiji for $140. It's a 2 quart sized unit with a heater. Works well. (The wife has me do her rings every month.) Puts a smile on her face. "Happy wife, Happy life" I use Dawn dish soap with water for most cleaning and I'm happy with the results. I caution anyone using vinegar since it's an acid and will discolor your aluminum castings. Dish soap and water works fine. if you're after that polished look, Autosol and buffing wheels is the way to go. Lots of elbow grease.

I use autosol and a toothbrush. I can go a little harder without wearing my fingers out as fast. Then hand buff, then a final buff with whatever wheel I can fit in there.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.887 seconds