Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you make pieces and parts or provide services for Kawasaki Sixes you may post links here to your business or product catalog. If you're just into 1300's and have found a business that you like to deal with post it up here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cam-Chain Guides & Oem Head gasket ? 9 years 2 weeks ago #7027

• Bornmann
  • Bornmann's Avatar Topic Author
  • Some folks don't know they don't know
  • Thank you received: 0
Good day gentleman, can someone please advise where I can purchase these items. Maybe also obsolete haha.
My son has a gear-cutting shop & we are going to look at manufacturing the tensioner sprocket to help with this obsolete problem. I will not make it out of steel but a very old hard wearing material we use in the aircraft industry. Unfortunately this will only be happening in the new year (2016). It will be a production supply, all we need are numbers to keep the cost down.(including the needle bearing)
So if anyone needs any, you can let me know. I will answer any questions you have about this. My engine is going to be the test platform on this one .
I hope I can help on this . We are in the Vancouver BC area.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cam-Chain Guides & Oem Head gasket ? 9 years 2 weeks ago #7029

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
You may be surprised at what is posted as obsolete but really isn't. I recently purchased 2 new cam chain tensioner gears from Kawasaki. They had to come from Japan and took about 3 weeks to get to Canada, but I got them. I find it easier to go to Partszilla and find the Kawasaki part numbers then call up the dealership and have them check the numbers.

I'm intrigued by your comment on manufacturing the tensioner wheels. What material are you thinking of using? Torlon or Delrin? I'm curious.

Cam-Chain Guides & Oem Head gasket ? 9 years 2 weeks ago #7030

• Lucien-Harpress
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 108
OEM head gaskets are no longer made new by Kawasaki, so all of the one available are NOS. They come up on eBay from time to time, but there are really no consistent sources. I'd imagine the chain guides are the a similar story.

I personally may have some of these for sale in the future, but I won't know for sure for a couple of weeks.

Cam-Chain Guides & Oem Head gasket ? 9 years 2 weeks ago #7047

• Bornmann
  • Bornmann's Avatar Topic Author
  • Some folks don't know they don't know
  • Thank you received: 0
thanks for the quick reply gentlemen , I'll call the local Kawasaki dealer for the head gasket. To answer your question about the material used is that Delrin is a good material, but we have found through experience that bearings would separate between the mating surfaces under load. Still worried about the heat properties .
We are still working with the engineers, will let you know soon mate.

Cam-Chain Guides & Oem Head gasket ? 9 years 2 weeks ago #7048

• kza13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Check this post :-

www.kz1300.com/index.php/forum/engines/1...er-gear?limitstart=0

I bought one, still haven't put it in yet, not taking head off till I have to
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.558 seconds