Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you make pieces and parts or provide services for Kawasaki Sixes you may post links here to your business or product catalog. If you're just into 1300's and have found a business that you like to deal with post it up here.

TOPIC:

kz1300 carb rebuild kits for sale? 9 years 2 weeks ago #6953

• rdbhere2
  • rdbhere2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 9
I decided to rebuild my carbs without a rebuild kit since the bike only has 2026 mikes on it. Carb cleaner and a wire from a wire brush did the trick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

kz1300 carb rebuild kits for sale? 9 years 2 weeks ago #6955

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
If you buy the carb kits you'll end up with a whole bunch of parts you really don't need. I just finished rebuilding the 3 carbs for about $10.00 in materials. You can buy yourself a sheet of gasket material 1/32" thick for $3.00 and cut yourself three carb bowl gaskets.

The orings are posted here
www.kz1300.com/index.php/forum/bike-proj...0-kz13?start=12#6402

and you will note that they are Viton 75 durometer because gasoline now has ethanol in it and if you buy the kits you will end up with buna-n (nitrile ) orings which are not suitable for use with ethanol based fuels.

As far as cleaning up all the brass pieces in the carbs, I've found a product called Autosol which is a metal polishing compound. Comes in a 8 oz. tube for about $10.00 and it works great Just make sure you finish by washing all the parts with a good carb cleaner after to wash off all the residue.

kz1300 carb rebuild kits for sale? 9 years 2 weeks ago #6960

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
Absolutely kawboy. Just made 2 sets last week.

I used 1 original bowl gasket to scan and copy 6 separate gaskets real size. Roughly cut them out and used a kids glue-stick to stick them onto the gasket material. Punched the 5 required holes first, including using a hole punch to make the "inside" radius's. Cut-out the center first then trim the outside. Remove whats left of the pattern, wipe carefully with a warm damp cloth to remove any glue residue and, voila !

Took about 1 hour and was never running with my scissors !

Those that can, do !
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

kz1300 carb rebuild kits for sale? 9 years 2 weeks ago #6963

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
You might like this idea since we're talking about cutting out gaskets.
I used to use proper hole punches for making gaskets but I found that on thinner materials with thin walls the hole punch would tear the gasket material. If you look at the design of the hole punch the inner bore is the diameter of the hole being punched and the outer diameter has been ground down to a cutting edge but as the punch cuts through the material the taper tends to spread the material.
For cutting small holes for bolts or screws in lighter materials I use steel fuel tubing with an outside diameter of the hole I want to cut. Cut off a piece about 5-6" long and then take a tapered burr and run it up the tube to form a cutting edge on the outside diameter. As the punch now goes through the material it draws the garbage into the center of the tube and leaves the hole and gasket material in perfect shape.

kz1300 carb rebuild kits for sale? 9 years 2 weeks ago #6964

• ckiwi
  • Thank you received: 0
check this item # on ebay 151463117092
it seems almost too cheap to be true, but the seller has good ratings
I paid 3x for some from a UT ebay seller

kz1300 carb rebuild kits for sale? 9 years 2 days ago #7194

• homer01
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
That's a handy bit of info on those o- rings kawaboy thakyou, I have just ordered the ones from Yamaha but cannot get a link on those other ones. Is there a website for these that I could order these rings from. Thanks Garry

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds