Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Wanted: Fuel Cap 5 years 2 months ago #23279

• mizztheman
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 81
There is one on eBay at the moment complete with the key. Might be worth a bid.

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A...2Fitm%2F163530508133

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wanted: Fuel Cap 5 years 2 months ago #23280

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Screwdrivers, hammers, chisels, drills, and a drill used to open this gas cap..... In case of the gas cap, you can remove it by tapping the pin out. Then it comes off and is ready for any servicing - which I am doing right now on a cap that came with a rusty tank. First - the cap was stuck completely solid. It took quite a bit of time and shaking a mix of nails and vinegar to 'unstuck' it. The rust crust came off and applying Kroil (the best in my opinion penetrating oil), all started to wiggle and move around nicely. It wouldn't open with a new made key (from a helmet lock from the same bike so it should fit), so I removed it tapping out this pin. The latch was still stuck. After a quick ultrasonic cleaning all moving freely. Now further dismantled, more manual and ultrasonic cleaning, and it should work. If not, in case like of a stuck the broken off key tip, a cleaned up gas cap should be an easy thing for a locksmith. If not - at least no guilt after trying all other solution before destroying it.

Attachments:

Last edit: by StanG.

Wanted: Fuel Cap 5 years 2 months ago #23289

• roadhazard
  • Thank you received: 6
PROPAV8R, I have a gas cap i'd be willing to let go if your still looking. I bought it a long time ago off E bay for 40 bucks. The chrome has some slight scratches in it but not bad. The lock works fine but i don't have a key. Any of the KZ keys will work in it though. I don't know how to do pictures on this site but i'll send it you and you can look at it. If you want it then send me $40. If not just send it back. Let me know,Bob.
1980 Kz 1300 b2 touring
1980 kz 1300 A2

Wanted: Fuel Cap 5 years 2 months ago #23290

• propav8r
  • propav8r's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 33

roadhazard wrote: PROPAV8R, I have a gas cap i'd be willing to let go if your still looking. I bought it a long time ago off E bay for 40 bucks. The chrome has some slight scratches in it but not bad. The lock works fine but i don't have a key. Any of the KZ keys will work in it though. I don't know how to do pictures on this site but i'll send it you and you can look at it. If you want it then send me $40. If not just send it back. Let me know,Bob.

Thanks for the offer Bob! I already put in a bid on that cap on eBay that was posted, but if I don't win that, I'll be in touch.

Thanks!

Wanted: Fuel Cap 5 years 2 months ago #23291

• roadhazard
  • Thank you received: 6
sounds good.
1980 Kz 1300 b2 touring
1980 kz 1300 A2

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds