• Page:

TOPIC:

Kawasaki z1300 5 years 2 months ago #22855

• JamesO
  • JamesO's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone

I am new to the forum.

I am on here looking for help, my dad passed away on the 5th December and has left his z1300 in bits at my mums house. I believe it is a 1981 model and I know he has spent thousands respraying it and on parts. He has also rewired it completely and invented/created his own hydraulic brake system for it.

We are at a loss as to what to do with the bike or it value as finding something to compare it too is difficult. Can anyone advise me as to whether it is best to sell as parts or get rebuilt then sold and what value we would be looking at? We are UK based. Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Z1300 5 years 2 months ago #22861

• JamesO
  • JamesO's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Everyone,

I am a new member to the forum and I apologise if this is duplicated as I have had issues with the Captcha on my phone so have had to log in to a computer.

The reason I have joined is for a very specific and to me sad reason. My dad was an avid lover of the Z1300, so much so that around 15 years ago he purchased one and has been working on it on and off ever since. Unfortunately he passed away on the 5th of December and has left the bike in bits at my mums house.

We have no idea of its value, whether it is best to sell in parts or whether to get it rebuilt and then sold and are looking for advice on what to do.

I know that he has spent thousands on it over the years on parts and re-sprays etc and knowing my dad would only buy the best that you can get or he had parts made for it, I also know that he created his own hydraulic brake system for it and rewired the electrics completely. I believe that the model is a 1981 Z13 but other than that I am unsure on anything else.

If anyone can help we would greatly appreciate it.

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Z1300 5 years 2 months ago #22866

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lifelong Rider Suffering Through MBD
  • Thank you received: 274
Hi James,
Please read this:
www.kz1300.com/index.php/forum/about-the...re-are-my-posts#1043. I've approved your posts. From here on out you will be able to see your posts immediately.
Regards
Bill
1947 Indian Chief, 1968 BSA Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 Kawasaki W3, 1976 KZ900 A4, 1979 KZ750 B4, 1979 KZ750 B4 Trike, 1980 KZ550, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 1985 Kawasaki ZN1300, 1987 Yamaha Trail Way, 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1981 GL 1100, 2009 Yamaha RoadLiner S
The following user(s) said Thank You: JamesO

Z1300 5 years 2 months ago #22899

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
Hi James,

Happy to help, based in London. I have sent you a Private Message - you can access these in the top RH corner (I say this as it took me while to find it! ;) )

Paul
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds