Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ1300s for sale 5 years 4 months ago #22408

• Bucko
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164

StanG wrote: How does it work then with that 72 hours Kawboy mentioned? And how do you arrange having the ownership at the border three days before the bike arrives, if the bike is 3 or 4 thousand kilometers away in another country, or be it just a few hundred? Do you pay the seller and ask him to send the papers? If you see the seller to ride or pick up the bike, how do you manage to have the papers at the border 72 hours before showing up?

Yes, you have to 'file' the export paperwork with your planned US Border location folks at least 72 hours before the physical export takes place. This can be done by fax or email (not 100% sure about email but definitely fax) or in person. You send copies of the original documents and you must present the originals when the export takes place. In the last few years, you need an 'export number' (can't remember what it's called exactly) which can only be provided by a person or entity (i.e. a broker) based in the US. You can pay a broker to provide just the export number or for a few $'s more they will provide the number and check and file all the paperwork on your behalf which is what I did. I sailed through- took less than 20 minutes total to do the physical export from the US and the import into Canada. One caution: on the import to Canada, I needed to provide supporting documentation on how much I paid for the bike - i.e. needed more than just the 'bill of sale'. I had paid in US cash and fortunately I had saved the the receipts from the currency exchange which was good enough.
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: StanG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Bucko.

KZ1300s for sale 5 years 4 months ago #22415

• Frank833
  • Frank833's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
The following user(s) said Thank You: StanG

KZ1300s for sale 5 years 4 months ago #22418

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Great! Thank you Frank! This interests me. Now I might be facing the music of all the paper work, depending on how much shipping would be. Would I need to do all the process like you guys described?
I'm going to leave my phone number. I hope he would answer. Lets see. A frame is something I've been looking for.

Update. Yep, sent my phone number as wished.

Last edit: by StanG.

KZ1300s for sale 5 years 4 months ago #22435

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Titled Frame in PA $100

philadelphia.craigslist.org/mpo/d/titled...ames/6771824350.html

Just got off the phone. All they have is just the neck of the frame with sticker and title, not the whole frame. So that's not the one destined for me...
The search goes on.

KZ1300s for sale 5 years 4 months ago #22441

• Bucko
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164

StanG wrote: Just got off the phone. All they have is just the neck of the frame with sticker and title, not the whole frame. .

Shipping should be cheap :)
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

Last edit: by Bucko.

KZ1300s for sale 5 years 4 months ago #22443

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Yes. He said $35 to Point Roberts. But he also said the frame is cut, only small front section there good for the title if someone wants to weld that to another frame. Weird? I find it weird. Perhaps he just bullshit me not wanting to take the whole frame to the post office?.. I didn't ask for photo.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds