TOPIC:

Anyone need a big sump? (SOLD) 5 years 2 months ago #23350

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
propav8r wrote:

Good lord you're sensitive.

LOLOL OF course I'm sensitive - it's a virtue! You didn't spot a joke? And I've been told I have a good sense of humor... Now on top of that I think you are trying to make me depressed... :(
I'll quote what I've been told many times growing up wearing a crown of thorns - 'that's very bad my son'! And I hadn't even been religious! haha But I knew well enough to spell Lord with L.
Ok, maybe I'm being a bit nasty now, hahaha, but I bet it's easier to spot my joke now!

Frank - yes. But not this time. Was it ZN? That was a good price, especially considering free shipping. I purchased a starter clutch from South Africa and she also has a deep oil pan. But way too much asking, and I still want to first see that clutch arrive.

I already have all the detachable parts that are made for it, except the pan itself. That's for that engine I am building for all random parts, so no hurry there. I have the shallow oil pan to put on it if I ever want to run it. My current bike, a 1982 A4, has a deep oil pan by default, so I am all set for the bike I ride (did 50 miles yesterday by the way :)

I've been doing exactly the same - regarding the r radiator plugs you have now etc. Many of the parts for my bike I got at the right price only because of buying a whole lot of parts. Not big lots in my case but sometime 2, sometimes 5 items together. Well, I have 2 inner fenders now, and a bunch of tensioners, 3 cylinder blocks and such. That was the only way to complete my project within reasonable time. With this engine now, the only hurry is I want to close it, seal it, and put it in the corner, instead of having plastic bags with parts around. It will be handy when one day I get a parts bike or a frame, and this engine with all the other parts will be ready to put together! I think in such case it will be a couple weeks and a bike on the road.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by StanG.

Anyone need a big sump? (SOLD) 5 years 1 month ago #23398

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Well folks, didn't get that sump but got another one. About 30% more expensive, including shipping, but that's within reason considering not spending time like a vulture on the Ebay, LOL Just can't do that every 15 minutes, and the rest is just a roulette.

But got a headlight bucket for 30 as soon as it came up. Goddamn, what an ego booster! hahaha Gotcha guys! Goes well with the 25 bucks lens I got earlier.

Saw a frame sold for USD 75 a couple months back. Missed that, and nobody caught that! I think I will be making one from 2x4's. Independence day! LOLOL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by StanG.
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds