TOPIC:

Ignition coil box 6 years 10 months ago #16419

• Dion
  • Dion's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Thankyou Graem and scotch
to be honest i had not fully investigated what was under all that reed crap, just knew i could do without it!.
i was planning on using a miller i have to cut the top down to the height of the rest and then just fill what ever hole their was with 3mm alloy plate if its big, then just tig up.
if the holes arent big ill be able to just do a nice tig plug weld clean up polish and maybe Anodize or just leave polished
Thanks for the info scotch on the GM coils, i was under the thought any electronic ignition coils off a bike would work just the fitment issues, hadnt actually considered car colis until i saw the add
can i ask Scotch what the dimensions are from the GM unit<(only if you know)
Rob has been good enough to loan me a book, mines stuck somewhere in a 20ft container, have to admit my respect goes out to you guys! they are certainly a different sort of beast!
its bean sooooo long since i worked on old bikes some of the engineering on these bikes just baffle me<! not in that i cant work it out.
just gob smacked as to why they have done some of the things they have
by myself i could eventually work it out reverting to first principal basis, but this site sure as hell jumps pass that
out of curiosity would carbon dash surrounds be of any interest to owners, mine is cracked seems near impossible to get i have pissed around over the years build molds for one off airboxes and using carbon with epoxy resin, still have some carbon weave laying around some where, was thinking make a mold and lay some up.
Dion

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds