Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Running 81 motor and many other parts 7 years 9 months ago #12783

• Ledkz1300
  • Ledkz1300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
I have a next to complete 81 bike that I'm parting out.

The motor is running. As some of you may know I had problems with timing but we worked them out and got it running. Cosmetically its rough but it ran well and didn't smoke before the timing went awry. The timing went bad when someone inverted the phase of the pickups, not because something was loose or broke. Far as I can tell there is no valve damage. Our compression gauge at the time was pooched but if someone is interested it I will test it with the new gauge. I have pictures and video of it running. The cam chain gear is worn. I have an OEM replacement I'll include.

I don't have the time to part the motor out. It will not include the starter, starter cover or the carbs. I robbed the clutch cable cover and some random bolts for my 79. If there is anything else I notice missing when I take it out we can work it out.

There is obviously a working ignitor module and other electronics.

Body parts include the tank and front fender, both of which are rough but fixable. I'm keeping the tail and light, as well as the side covers.

If you can think of any parts you are interested in, ask. If I have it and willing to sell that part we can agree on a price.

I'll leave this here for a bit for you guys to have first dibs before I start putting it up on Ebay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Running 81 motor and many other parts 7 years 9 months ago #12784

• harleychuck1
  • Thank you received: 0
Do you have any luggage or luggage hardware?
Thx

Running 81 motor and many other parts 7 years 9 months ago #12789

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I have the vetter bags that came with it and the frame for them. The saddle bags aren't in bad shape, just scuffed in places but the trunk has two big cracks in it. The lights on the trunk are intact and not cracked.

If you send me your email address I can send you pictures.

Running 81 motor and many other parts 7 years 9 months ago #13175

• Kwakanuk
  • Thank you received: 4
Would you be parting the alternator cover? I'm also looking for the two headlight mounting/holder that slides on the fork tubes.

Let me know
Thanks
Gpz 750 Turbo 1984, Gpz 750 Turbo 1985, KZ 1300 1981.

Running 81 motor and many other parts 7 years 9 months ago #13184

• brandonsmash
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Damn, if shipping from Nova Scotia weren't ridiculous I'd possibly pick up that spare engine just to have one around. Rats!
Cut to approximate, smash to fit!

Running 81 motor and many other parts 7 years 9 months ago #13190

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Kwakanuk wrote: Would you be parting the alternator cover? I'm also looking for the two headlight mounting/holder that slides on the fork tubes.

Let me know
Thanks

My 81 does not have the headlight holders. It had the vetter package on it so we had to ghetto some brackets up when I took the headlight out of the fairing.

I was hoping to keep the engine intact for selling but I do have the covers off my old 79. I think they are the same and if so you are welcome to them.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds