• Page:

TOPIC:

IC Igniter on Ebay for $1100 CAD! 8 years 7 months ago #8874

• Ledkz1300
  • Ledkz1300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationIs this really how much these are worth?

(l)

I thought the 81 igniter was different than any other year. The description says compatible 79/80/81.

I was considering selling my 81 igniter since I intend to proceed with the 79 and use whatever parts I need off the 81... but if the 81 igniter is backwards compatible I will keep it since they are rare as hens teeth. If not, I will sell it off, especially if they are worth that kind of money.

If not, what are the options for igniters for the 79. I'd like to have a spare in case mine ever goes bang.

Damn ebay links won't post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Ledkz1300.

IC Igniter on Ebay for $1100 CAD! 8 years 7 months ago #8875

• Ledkz1300
  • Ledkz1300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Then I find this one which is far less costly. There is also the fellow here on the board that builds the 81 igniters and they are far cheaper than the one on Ebay.

www.regulatorrectifier.com/catalog/19791...er-CDI-Unit-Ignition

IC Igniter on Ebay for $1100 CAD! 8 years 7 months ago #8876

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
Definately not worth that, nowhere near it even if it was full of diamonds.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

IC Igniter on Ebay for $1100 CAD! 8 years 7 months ago #8877

• Tyler
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 46
No way... used ones go for about $200 US and replacements from Finland run $350. 1100 is insane. :silly:

These will not work with an '81 model...www.regulatorrectifier.com/catalog/19791...er-CDI-Unit-Ignition

'81 uses Hall Effect sensors not inductive pickups... I very much doubt that module work on the 81 model year... there are not enough wires on the pickup connector. No they are mistaken I'm afraid.
1981 KZ1300

Last edit: by Tyler.

IC Igniter on Ebay for $1100 CAD! 8 years 7 months ago #8878

• Mark
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
An A3 Motor has lots of differences. Have been looking at this recently as per posts and reply's on this board. I am not going to use the A3 Motor I have but, replacing with an A1 A2 set up.
The A3 motor from what I can see will only operate with the A3 IC Ignitor, and Pick Ups, you can not match any others to it. The Block is different, Engine casings are different, Pick ups mount left side of crank to the correct casing. There used to be an excellent description on this site, which I down loaded a long time ago. not sure if it would upset anyone if I re-posted it. someone put me in the right direction because it was produced by the previous owner.
17 years a Z13 owner at present 3 x A1's and an A4

IC Igniter on Ebay for $1100 CAD! 8 years 7 months ago #8887

• AERIAL0
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
led to believe that the A3 model igniter unit is a one of, for the 81 model and rare as hens teeth to get hold of. Last one that noticed on fleebay orig NOS Kawasaki wanted £700 with no warranty? Lare Nurminen (member of forum) remanufactured units and purchased one for a third of the cost as own an A3. Led to believe that is only doing a limited run of unit? So get one while you can and gives a warranty with unit. A great guy to deal with and also makes exhaust systems, fork ears, and air box covers in stainless steel.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds