Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ-1300 Horn cover grill 8 years 7 months ago #8574

• wnehl00
  • wnehl00's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
sure would like to wrk something out with you on this---name a price you could live with----really like to complete this bike---one of 7 kawasakis i have----wayne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ-1300 Horn cover grill 8 years 7 months ago #8576

• AERIAL0
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
In 20 years time every home will have a 3D printer to manufacture the parts for there restorations. For myself, will be 6 foot under in that time :ohmy:.
Re your spare cover. Place it on Ebay as in the UK we have to spend mega Wonga for Z1300 parts and in short supply. Would say you would get £60+ if in good condition. Take a look at Zpower for badges for your bike being reproduced from memory for around £30?

KZ-1300 Horn cover grill 8 years 7 months ago #8590

• zed_thirteen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
I'm building 3D printer now (it's a slow project that will take months)

It will only do 200mm by 200mm (by 180mm I think). So not big enough to print the wide horn cover. I might be able to print tank badge mounts with it but they would need to be covered with filler, sanded to a smooth finish and then painted.

I'm hoping to be able to mock up some brake calliper adapters with it so I can test they will work in plastic before I pay to have some CNC machined.
1980 KZ1300 B2 Touring/A2
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1

KZ-1300 Horn cover grill 8 years 7 months ago #8637

• Mikez
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 14
wnehl00 I'll PM you so we can exchange info about the horn cover I have. Since you're here in the forums I think you deserve a shot at it first. I can always hold on to it or look at ebay later.

zed_thirteen,

Even though your printer might not be able to print a whole horn cover at once, maybe you could try printing it in pieces at a time? Then glue the pieces together to make it whole, clean up any lines and paint it. With the right attention to detail it could still be made to look convincing (hopefully). Just a thought :).

KZ-1300 Horn cover grill 8 years 7 months ago #8641

• wnehl00
  • wnehl00's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I am stoked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KZ-1300 Horn cover grill 8 years 7 months ago #8645

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 240
The horn cover is missing from my KZ1300 A4, so I'm not familiar with the shape details. However, I wonder if a thin metal replica could be made by laser cutting. It would require the use of an original from which to make a drawing, of course. Here in Britain, there is an excellent company which could possibly be worth trying : www.lasermaster.co.uk/
Any opinions?

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds