Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Factory colors 10 years 3 weeks ago #2869

• Reid
  • Thank you received: 0
New guy to the form. Just bought a 1980KZ1300 in Holly Green with gold stripes. I am also a member of the GPz550 forum (1984 Gpz550). My 1300 tank needs to be repainted and the painter I am using needs the paint code for the Holly to match it up with the rest of the parts (all in good condition). Any help would be appreciated, thanks Reid.

Bikes I presently own - 1971 CB750 Honda, all original
1980 KZ1300
1981 CB650c Honda, all original
1984 GPz550 Kawasaki, 615 Wisco pistons, K @ N Filters, dyno jet
carb jets (my fun bike)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Factory colors 10 years 2 weeks ago #2871

• Toddh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 65
Hello Reid:

To my knowledge there are no paint codes for a Kawasaki of this vintage. Back in the day, either under warranty or for an insurance claim, parts were meant to be replaced with a new item that was pre-painted.

Or you took it to you painter and he matched the best way possible.

Flash forward to today, and paint suppliers/ autobody shops have a few machines that can scan your existing color for a near perfect match.

A reputable motorcycle paint supplier is Cycle Color a division of House of Kolor. www.cyclecolor.com/id49.htm I have seen their products in use and they look great.

Regards.

T.
KZ1300 A-4 4TH 1300 IN 30 YEARS
KZ1000 D-3/ Z1R
ZX900 GPZ A-3
KZ750 E-1
K1200GT
CB750F 1978

Factory colors 10 years 2 weeks ago #2873

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
Hello Reid,
That's a great collection of bikes you have. That Honda Four 750 - is it the K2 model? I remember vividly the first time I saw and heard a Honda Four in the early seventies. As somebody who had, until then, only been familiar with British motorcycles, the Honda looked and sounded like it was from another planet. Truly amazing!
Can you give a few details about your KZ1300, please? Condition etc.. What are your initial impressions of the bike?
Good luck with the paintwork.
Regard,
James

Factory colors 10 years 2 weeks ago #2874

• Reid
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks. the 71 Honda is a K1 with original pipes and I have installed an 836 piston kit and still have the original barrels and pistons if I want to sell it. The KZ1300 I have had a week and been cleaning a bit of rust up. Waiting for the tank to be painted. I got it from a friend of mine that got it from the original owner here in Canada. Can't wait to give it a try out here in the country where I live. The 550GPz is a blast and just might keep it.

Factory colors 9 years 5 months ago #5286

• met1212
  • Thank you received: 7
thanks holger......
myn is a 79 model and the colour of it seems a very dark green.....im assuming this is the the original colour they are calling starlight luminous blue.
is there an identification number for this starlight luminous blue, as i want to re paint it.....thanks marc

Factory colors 9 years 5 months ago #5287

• kennyb
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 8
If you are in the USA 1993 Chrysler "emerald green pearl" is a perfect substitute for the luminous starlight blue. You can pick up some single stage paint from NAPA for cheap to.The Duplicolor #BCC0421 ;)
Attachments:

Last edit: by kennyb.
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds