Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Body decals dilemma 6 years 6 months ago #17341

• Bucko
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164

StanG wrote: ..... ...
It's good to slap on the bike all the stickers for the photo shoot, but then nobody will analyze if a silly sign is missing.

Depends what you mean by 'stickers'. The fuel type, break-in, tire pressure and other kinds of stickers like that are not required for collector plates.
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Body decals dilemma 6 years 6 months ago #17342

• Bucko
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

scotch wrote: The collector plate allows for daily "pleasure" use only - not to and from work..

The other key requirement is that you must have at least one other Vehicle that is insured by ICBC at 'normal' rates.

The rules also say the vehicle has to be original colour (and in very good condition) but I see other bikes that are not in the original colours and they have collector plates so not sure how that happened.

Last edit: by Bucko.

Body decals dilemma 6 years 6 months ago #17347

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
From bucko, <The other key requirement is that you must have at least one other Vehicle that is insured by ICBC at 'normal' rates.>

I forgot the most important part ! You are correct !
The Paint/Color schemes on mine was never questioned.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Body decals dilemma 6 years 6 months ago #17348

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Tim, that bike looks awesome for sure!
I am set on chrome and black theme. Although I will not be making any customizations like that, and search for stock parts if I can. Stock are expensive, but this green bike required some deep pockets! The Ohlins shocks, I assume, are probably a thousand bucks. And the inverted forks, the exhaust? My main bike is a Vmax1200. I did a few upgrades for improved handling and performance. It's nothing compared to what people do to these bikes.. It's really easy to spend 10 grand just on custom wheels and a swing arm. Vmax is one of the cult bikes, and I think KZ1300 (although on a smaller scale), is also one of the classic muscle bikes and although on a smaller scale, sky's the limit.

As to collectors plates in BC. My Goldwing didn't have all the full signs on it except for a couple of basic ones. And it has been painted custom color that doesn't match anything like original, including absence of striping. Still, I had no problem getting the collectors plate. It looks sharp and spotless and had collector's plates before. I've heard that this helps.

Few months back someone I knew had an old 70's Triumph with flames painted on it. He sent me the photos and I removed the flames in Photoshop. He then got the plates no problem, haha

Body decals dilemma 6 years 6 months ago #17351

• Bucko
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Far be it from me to be a nanny-nay-sayer..... but your buddy should realize that if he gets into an accident and his bike doesn't match the pictures ICBC has on file, they will deny coverage. Also if they find pictures have been modified they will deny coverage. So your buddy could effectively be riding without insurance.

Here's what ICBC has to say about Collector Vehicle paint (it's related to cars but applies to bikes).

Last edit: by Bucko.

Body decals dilemma 6 years 6 months ago #17352

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Hey Buco. He's an adult man, I don't go around telling people what to do. I am not in touch with the guy anyway, maybe he just wanted it so he can get a permit to park it on the street and not to ride it. No idea. I showed him what his classic bike would look like without the flames and what he did with that was his business.

On the other note, it would be quite interesting to know what actually happens if someone adds an accent to their bike for example. I can't imagine the insurance being nullified, but rather given some warning or a note to straighten it out instead. I have never heard of anything being enforced, unless very drastic changes I suppose? Never heard of any example so far, and Google didn't come up with anyone discussing it when I was searching it before. I added a small accent in the back of my bike and never been questioned by the police who happen to be driving behind me, and it's right next to the collectors plate.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds