• Page:

TOPIC:

Replacement Tach. and speedometer needles 8 years 3 months ago #10632

• scotch
  • scotch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
A heads-up for those thinking about replacing their tach and speedometer needles.
Sold on ebay as: UNIVERSAL NEEDLE FOR TACHO - SPEEDO - They did not fit my '80! The hole in the brass insert which accepts the tiny spindle, is too small. Trying to drill this hole to fit was not an option for me. I found it necessary to remove the NEW needles from the black bezel and attach each to the original black bezel. Very finicky work but I was successful and they look great !

1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by scotch.

Replacement Tach. and speedometer needles 8 years 3 months ago #10649

• LareNurminen
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 162
Hi,

I sell the needles on eBay saying that they are UNIVERSAL needles and the pictures of the needles give all the dimensions for the prospective buyers. You do the homework to make sure it fits your bike.

I also sell on eBay a pair of needles for the Kawasaki 1300 which are of the original shape and size. With that product offering is displayed a set of pictures showing how it is done.

The actual needle on both offerings is actually the same needle as you may have gathered by now.

I have installed these needles onto my two 1300s and you are right in saying that it requires attention and delicate touch, but once done, it looks great!

Your end result looks very good.

Merry Christmas, Lauri
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds