Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

$5 dollar fan switch 9 years 5 months ago #4972

• ntaylor111
  • ntaylor111's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
So I purchased a 1979 KZ1300 a few months ago that has been sitting around for a long time.
It only had 10,000 miles but needs some work. I have had to put on tires, brakes, battery, and a lot of electrical issues. I plan to repaint it over the winter and replace the exhaust. I have put on about 1500 miles trying to get all the bugs fixed. One issue I have is the fan switch is bad. This is a hard part to find so I decided to make my own. Attached is the circuit I put together to control the fan. It uses the temperature sender voltage into a comparator circuit to control the fan relay. The circuit includes adjustments for when the fan turns on and off. So 5 dollar and it works very well. :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: biltonjim, zed_thirteen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

$5 dollar fan switch 9 years 5 months ago #4975

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
Your fan switch circuit is really of interest. Thanks for sharing it. It looks like it will keep the engine in quite a narrow temperature band, so is ideal. Are you an electronics wizard, by any chance?
The bike looks great, by the way. Well worth your efforts. I think the Vetter gear is impressive. What color have you in mind?
Regards and best wishes with the ongoing project.

$5 dollar fan switch 9 years 5 months ago #4977

• ntaylor111
  • ntaylor111's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Yes, I'm an Electronics Engineer and I work with vehicle crash sensor and airbags. I paid $800 for the bike from bother-in-law and have put about $1000 on it so far - so can't complain. Not sure what color yet but am thinking about a dark cherry with heavy metallic flack with high gloss or maybe dark blue. Thinking about the exhaust in black but struggling with that - IDK. Please feel free to ask any question about the circuit.
Best Regards...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds