• Page:

TOPIC:

Prop Shaft Universal Joint 9 years 5 months ago #4970

• Craig
  • Craig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 43
I went on a rally this weekend and on my return trip, started to get quite a heavy vibration from my bike. The way it felt makes me believe that my Universal Joint is on it's very last legs. Unfortunately the spares listing offers a complete prop shaft inclusive of coupling which I am unable to source on the internet. Have any of our fellow members replaced the Universal Joint only, and from what vehicle (part number) should I be looking for if so?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Prop Shaft Universal Joint 9 years 5 months ago #4971

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
From my experience 99.99% of uni joints and bearings used by motor manufacturers are available commercial but the big problem is finding what else uses them and where to source them. The other big problem is that the manufacturers try to make it so that to get them out and replace them almost or totally destroys the item. It took me 4 years to find a uni joint for the K series BMW and then make tools to be able to replace them.
Don't give up searching and if you give me the dimensions then I will try my sources.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig

Prop Shaft Universal Joint 9 years 5 months ago #5059

• Craig
  • Craig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 43
Thanks Rick. Am going to strip it this coming week. If I am successful in removing the old one with out hic-ups, but fail to source a new UJ here, i'll send you sizes to see if you can find your side.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds