Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Base gasket O-rings 3 years 1 month ago #28948

• fineline
  • fineline's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 9
A slightly modified 1979 CBX 1000 of course, Lovers of the Z1300 should should always have one of each ...well that's what I told the wife :whistle:
A 1982 Kawasaki z1000 a 1984 Yamaha FJ1100 a 2002 Suzuki GSXR 1000 (just fancied it for a change). And as of 2 days ago a 2001 Honda CBR 600 stunt bike. well I've always wanted to hone my wheelie skills and certainly don't want to do that on a z1300. a slightly eclectic mix. :silly:
I only have pics of the CBX and CBR at the moment so will post those.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: biltonjim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Base gasket O-rings 3 years 1 month ago #28949

• Bar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
nice collection
1984 Kawasaki Voyager
2002 Honda CBR954

Base gasket O-rings 3 years 1 month ago #28950

• fineline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Thanks! I'm kind of running out of space...and money but live for today,:) I say.

Base gasket O-rings 3 years 1 month ago #28952

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
An enviable collection. That CBX is awesome. Have you modified it yourself? What is the front fork source? And the engine looks better than new. Have you refinished it? I imagine Kawboy , having a particular fondness for the CBX , will be pleased to see yours. Of course, we’d like to see your 1300 too!

Base gasket O-rings 3 years 1 month ago #28953

• Bucko
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164

fineline wrote: A slightly modified 1979 CBX 1000 of course, Lovers of the Z1300 should should always have one of each ...well that's what I told the wife

:lol:
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

Base gasket O-rings 3 years 1 month ago #28955

• fineline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Thanks I bought the CBX partly done already as I couldn't bring myself to do that to an original CBX.:unsure: I ended up re doing almost all of it. (as usual) The front forks are as they came (apart from new oil and seals) (Hayabusa) but I had to change the wheels to earlier GSXR as I needed the mechanical speedo drive to fit the CBX. I had to machine my own front spindle to make it fit .I used a GSXR swingarm and made the twin shock mounts. Lots of painting cleaning and polishing and a bit of re-chroming on the Rickman bars etc. And a few more nice looking parts. You can't see it in the photo but it's quite long due to the rear swing arm, but it seems to corner just fine. And of course those amazing looking and sounding pipemasters 6 in to 6 pipes.:woohoo:

The only pic of the Z1300 I could find at the moment is the one when I'd just bought it. (I'm going to re paint it). It was advertised as running. When I got there (after a 5 hour drive) the carbs weren't even bolted on :blink: I spayed to much easy start to see if it would fire and managed to get it running but lost some of my eyebrows when it spat back through the carbs. :lol: Turns out the Frame was totally bent and it drank oil like a fish. about 2 liters every 100 km. Not much else worked either. The wiring looked like it had been done by a chimpanzee with learning difficulties.. I always seem to by a pig and sell a beauty...it's a nasty (and expensive) habit. :oops:
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds