• Page:

TOPIC:

Sportster Knock-Off Mufflers 4 years 4 months ago #25514

• rdurost
  • rdurost's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationIn my selfless and never-ending quest, "Exploring How Cheap is Too Cheap So You Don't Have To," 8) I have purchased and received some Chinese-made Sportster knockoff mufflers. I got them from a vendor in Jersey for $58/pair shipped

I was disappointed to see how the once-common H-D take-off mufflers seem to have dried up on eBay, I paid under $40, shipped, for a pair of very high quality muffs for my Gold Wing eight or nine years ago, but now when I look I see a single scarred-up one for much more, plus shipping.

These replacements will probably lose their chrome in the first heavy rain, but they look good for now, and came with a basic band clamp and a hanger strap.

The only obvious flaw in their design is that there is no removable baffle per-se, but just a sort of peeled,back flap in the inner surface that directs about 2/3 of the flow into the unpacked permanent baffle welded inside. To turn this into a straight-pipe, all you need to do is hammer something into the bore of the muffler to bend the "flap" back flush with the inner tube.

From what I hear in this forum, as long as I retain the "boxes" before the muffler, it's unlikely that I'll find the result unreasonably loud. Plus I can always add some generic aftermarket slip-in baffles if it seems necessary.

As always, feedback is most welcome.

Looking forward to warmer, dry weather to try this out!

Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sportster Knock-Off Mufflers 4 years 4 months ago #25515

• rdurost
  • rdurost's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
What the heck does this mean?

"No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configuration"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.371 seconds