Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Alternator rotor 4 years 3 months ago #25477

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Glad to be of assistance. Indeed, one on the left looks shot. Looks like somebody tried to drill holes there? I seriously have no idea if the right one would work. My uneducated brain would doubt compatibility - just by the looks. Personally I'd question this and continue to seek a visually, at least, proper replacement.

If anyone else is reading, engine inner parts change color with usage. Darker orange like colors mean high mileage. The colors on the rotor I posted picture of is very pale, that's at 8000 miles. I think this is what a brand new rotor should look like. (when searching for parts from bullshitting sellers)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Alternator rotor 4 years 3 months ago #25482

• ogri211
  • ogri211's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 8
The bike took a knock side on I think that whats damaged the magnets I will try it when I build the engine if it doesnt spark I will try the old one just to prove my wiring ,but I wont run the engine with the broken one, I have been looking for an A4-5 one for about 6 months I am sure one will appear eventually.
Z1300 A4,Z900 RS,Suzuki GT750A, Buell S1 Lightning, Royal Enfield Diesel. And Z900A4 on the rebuild.

Alternator rotor 4 years 3 months ago #25483

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
Orgi- Have a read of page 355 of the Main Manual. It's the supplement for the 1981 model and the page describes the double signal the IC Igniter requires, hence the 2 magnets. I doubt the 2 rotors as pictured are interchangeable unless possibly the IC Igniters are changed so that the rotors and igniters are matched.

Alternator rotor 4 years 3 months ago #25493

• ogri211
  • ogri211's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 8
Im going to try it ,if it doesnt work I may grind a bit out the middle of the trigger, it is not magnetized, also it looks as if it may be soldered on so I may be able to remove it and solder on 2 small square, if I can do it without too much heat.
Z1300 A4,Z900 RS,Suzuki GT750A, Buell S1 Lightning, Royal Enfield Diesel. And Z900A4 on the rebuild.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds