Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

A 2 will not turn over !!! HELP PLEASE 4 years 5 months ago #25380

• z13phil
  • z13phil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi Scotch, Think you nailed it !!! sorry it's been so long but please read on. Ok first thing I did was to swap the starter motor from my Z1R. Same problem Click, Click from the starter relay ! and this worked in the Z1R. By -passed the starter switch Click Click !!!!. Then as said before, lead from battery direct to starter terminal, Click Click !!!
So still not working.
Then bolted a battery lead to the starter terminal, then from the battery and used another lead from the battery as a switch. The engine turned over to about 70% of what it should do. I know this was only about 70%, because what happened next ! I then used another lead Earthed to the starter, then direct to the battery -. This spun over faster than I've ever seen before.
So to re-cap, Starter button not used here or relay. All direct connections and when that last direct earth was connected. It spun 100%:woohoo: , So I think bad connections and most of all BAD EARTHS. May also be high resistance in the wiring loom ? So first job check all earths.
Can I find a good wiring diagram here for my A2, as the one in the workshop manual hardly shows anything. Thanks Again Guy's for all the help, and a special Thanks to "Scotch!" for pointing me in the correct direction.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A 2 will not turn over !!! HELP PLEASE 4 years 5 months ago #25382

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
glad to hear you got the issue sorted out !!!
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds