Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

A5 with DFI head 4 years 11 months ago #24048

• beertad
  • beertad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
yes that,s it stan. not sure if it was just a voyager head or all Fuel injection heads. I have proved the bike is a 1984 A5 for sure
frame is Kzt30A-016130
any idea if i can trace the same with the engine number. i can only find year and model info with frame info?
Tad
The following user(s) said Thank You: StanG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by beertad.

A5 with DFI head 4 years 11 months ago #24056

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Great, so it's confirmed what we figured out earlier. I am not sure about the engine. I think the numbers are different and you might not be able to see exactly what year - same crank case and other parts are interchangeable between models and years.

Last edit: by Kawboy.

A5 with DFI head 4 years 11 months ago #24057

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
One more. There should be a tag attached to the harness with a year on it as well.

A5 with DFI head 4 years 11 months ago #24078

• beertad
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
cheers Stan
what i found out is---- the bike is a genuine 83 but registered in 84 A5 z1300. it has a ZG fuel injection head but still with carbs. the left handlebar switch gear is also ZG as it has a square plug for the clutch switch. not connected as lever housing is also incorrect.
all the rest is standard including exhausts.
thanks for all info o identification guys. will post a pic or 2 before i start working on her.
Tad

A5 with DFI head 4 years 11 months ago #24079

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Always good to see the 'before' photos.

I am pretty sure you will see signs of work done after removing the cylinder head. You are going to do that, right? If all would be stock and look factory, it would mean your bike came with it like this - I've never heard of it from anyone so far. My bet would be on no possibility of that, and someone just switched the heads when doing the top end.

A5 with DFI head 4 years 11 months ago #24134

• beertad
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
what i am doing is finding out what she is like before working to get her back on the road. ha only done 1000 miles in 10 years and i dont know the history.
starting is a little difficult as everyone else posts. it will start but cylinder 5 and 6 stay cold. reason is little or no fuel. my guess is its gummed up inside.
once runing for a while 5 and 6 cut in and it runs ok. check the bowl and fuel is now getting through.

took it out and it gets hot quite quickly. fan cuts in ok but still climbs into the red.
the water in the lower overflow tank by left foot is cold when engine is hot. not sure if there is an air leak or the pump is not turning?

all things to work on but nice to get anyone elses views.

once running its quite smooth so may not have to get the motor apart, so may not know about the head?
Tad

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds