Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Crankshaft journal sizes 4 years 1 month ago #26098

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
If nothing else, this bit of info can serve as a reference.

It was taken from the engine I am currently putting together. The engine case, crank shaft, connecting rods, and transmission - all were taken from different engines.
The case came with a few bearing pairs still in their original positions. I did some measurements and matched what I needed to be black color bearings.

I did this plasti gauge test using brand new bearings and a few old ones. All the journals were in great shape. The engine donors did not have of a huge mileage, so I assume they had very minimal, if any, wear. Despite this mix of random used parts with variable mileage, the use of brand new and used pairs of bearings, the numbers were very consistent. All pointed to 0.038 mm. This consistency makes me believe that this is a reliable healthy number for all the journals on these engines. And like Kawboy said, with much higher service limits and the whole theory behind the inner workings of these bearings, there is no problem with having these numbers higher.

The plastigauge looked more less like this. Some with a very small variety in widths while others pretty much perfect uniform straight line.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Crankshaft journal sizes 4 years 1 month ago #26125

• stunter01
  • stunter01's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks alot for the info
Which makes a lot of sense. Think i know what color bearings to use now. Always good to get more input on something when youre not 100% percent sure
Thanks again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds