Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Rotar Pulsing coil on Left hand side of engine? 4 years 10 months ago #24291

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
I Also found that the Harmonic Dampener/balancer has some slop where it interfaces with the pin, is the pin meant to be a Roll pin?

W hat pin are we talking about? I thought the balancer was keyed to the crankshaft and the pulser rotor is indexes to the backside of the starter clutch.

How did you finally secure the pulser rotor to the clutch since the pulser rotor now has oblong holes in it?

I also see burrs around those 3 mounting holes. Did you remove the burrs so that the rotor can sit flush to the clutch?

Would be nice if you could post a pic of the pulser rotor showing the damage. And maybe a short video clip of this "slop"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rotar Pulsing coil on Left hand side of engine? 4 years 9 months ago #24638

• razmo99
  • razmo99's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 13
Sorry for the Delay Kawaboy, took a break from this one. Only just started looking at it again in the last two weeks.

But I may have resolved the issue...

Turns out the Gap between the Hall Effect IC and its paired magnet was too far apart, for one of the three.

This issue has been really confusing because all the sensors checked out; based on the Kawasaki Manual.

Eventually I hooked up the Oscilloscope. With the Sensor plate removed from the engine cover. I ran the sensors past the trigger points on the rotor wheel.

Then I found that one sensor wasn't as sensitive as the others. After about a minute of spot the difference. I started thinking about the Gap and made a measurement.

The hall IC in question had about 1mm more than the others. After Bending it Back to the same amount as the other sensors it started triggering similarly to them.

Now I don't lose any trigger pulses to the Igniter when going above idle.

Next Time I get the bike on the Lift, I'll get a video of the Rotor slop.
84 ZG1300
81 KZ1300-A3
83 GT550
90 GPZ900R
83 KZ550
81 KZ550(in parts)
The following user(s) said Thank You: zed_thirteen, Kawboy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds