Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

1984 ZN1300 Voyager not starting 5 years 3 months ago #22268

• Tuomas
  • Tuomas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Yeah it was about -0,15bars which converts to 4.5 inches of mercury. So it seems ok.
Owner thinks of scraping the bike next spring and selling usable parts to other kawa people as this bike is propably not going to run anymore.
Well at least we tried really hard to get it going. What a mystery!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1984 ZN1300 Voyager not starting 5 years 3 months ago #22269

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
You guys CAN'T be throwing in the towel? All this work and no positive result? I've been waiting for months to hear what's been the problem.
Maybe some of the members in your area could be invited for a look?

1984 ZN1300 Voyager not starting 5 years 3 months ago #22270

• Tuomas
Trust me, we have been asking for help here and there and not a single person has come across a similar problem.
Maybe DFI-box, maybe something else, who knows.
It's not my call, owner is older guy and he is just slowly giving up on this project. He still has his old BMW R100 which ticks like swiss clock.

1984 ZN1300 Voyager not starting 5 years 2 months ago #23030

• Tuomas
I met my neighbour yesterday and he told me he tried one more time and replaced all the injectors, pressure regulator, check valve and tried another DFi-box to make bike run, but it did not make any progress.
Bike is maybe too nice to scrap to pieces so he is trying to find a replacement engine from Sweden. There is similar bike in this town owned by a guy who is unable to drive anymore because of health problems but he refuses to sell...

1984 ZN1300 Voyager not starting 5 years 2 months ago #23034

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
I've been following your posts since the beginning and all of your issues point to a fuel problem. I truly believe that your regulator pressure is too high and you are over fueling the engine.

Replacing the engine- I could only see this as a resolve if the compression is off but as I remember it, you already checked that and reported that it was fine.

One of the fundamentals of problem solving or trouble shooting is to change one thing at a time, never more than one thing at a time. Substituting a whole series of components at once my have transferred the problem to another part and now you don't know where you're at.

Sometimes a fresh set of eyes is all it takes to find the issue. I'm surprised that there's no one in your area who could help. That's too bad. I feel your pain.

Stick it out and keep us informed of your progress. I REALLY need to hear you when you have the AH HA moment. Just keep thinking of the sound of all 6 cylinders purring like a kitten.
KB

1984 ZN1300 Voyager not starting 5 years 2 months ago #23036

• Tuomas
I think MAP sensor was also replaced. All the parts have been replaced one after one, not two or three at the same time, so that we could see the effect from each component.
If i remember correctly we tried to start it without the pressure regulator and it did not run. Check valve in the return line just before the fuel tank needed really high pressure to fully open but if i understood correctly it was replaced with a better one.
I have been thinking about the idea of pulling the timing wheel and checking that it is correctly aligned to cam. As spun timing wheel (broken locking key??) would mess the motor up like this.

Last edit: by Tuomas.
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds