Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Bottom End Bearings 10 years 1 month ago #1613

• Bob4717
  • Bob4717's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I need some advice from the experts on this forum: My project is a 1979 1300. I bought it completely disassembled and have just about gathered up most of the parts that were missing. The engine was in boxes. The question I have is this- when it was taken apart the person I got it from had pulled out all the bottom end bearing shells and put them in a bag. I see no issues at all with the crank, but I always believed that if you were going to reuse the bearings they should be put back exactly where they came from. Should I use the old bearings or buy all new ones? Could good used bearings work in any of the crank journals? Thanks in advance for your help....Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bottom End Bearings 10 years 1 month ago #1615

• kza13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
If your going to re-build it right, put new in, I did the rings on mine after the end of the secondary shaft wore out, had to find new cases, so while I had it apart that far I just put new bearings in, at least then I know they are right, just my opinion, cheers
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob4717

Bottom End Bearings 10 years 1 month ago #1616

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
There is nothing wrong with using old bearing shells but you have to be sure the clearances are right and the way to do that is plasti gauge. There is a section in the factory manual about using it.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob4717

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds