Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Spacer instead of deep sump? 5 years 9 months ago #20253

• Broes
  • Broes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
When I searched this forum for more information I couldn't find any post of anyone who fitted a spacer instead of a deep sump.

I searched the internet for a deep sump but could not find anything :( Therefore I found a spacer as a alternative at 1300 Kawasaki South Africa . Besides that he also makes a lot of other interesting stuff like custom swingarms which fit wider wheels. As I mentioned there were a few topics where the spacer is mentioned but no one has actually fitted one. Is this still the case?

I contacted the seller and considering to buy (after my bank account allows it;)) a spacer and a custom exhaust from him so I know for sure that it will fit together. Any other tips or tricks?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Broes.

Spacer instead of deep sump? 5 years 9 months ago #20254

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
I can't fit a Deep Sump due to lack of adequate space. I only have about 3/4" space between the DG collector and the bottom of the stock sump. That's the reason I used "Header-Wrap" on the collector. I have mentioned this before several times and no one has contradicted this close fit so don't know whether it's unique to me and the way I have the down-pipes angled. Having said that, there's no "wriggle" room once all 6 pipes are in the collector. The geometry of the down-pipes fixes the collector into a position that only gives me that 3/4".
I've never seen a Deep-Sump on EBay or anywhere else. I do recall seeing the "spacer" a long time ago but it wasn't on EBay. I would want to confirm with a quick email that the combination of exhaust and spacer will work - definitively ! Doesn't make sense that they'd sell you the two otherwise, but why take the chance on an assumption. Once confirmed - go for it !

No tips or tricks at this moment.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by scotch.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds