Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Intake valves 6 years 7 months ago #17356

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

kiwirider wrote: Sorry KB i cant answer those questions i don't have the paper work ive have sold both me 1300sand passed on the receipts. I was so pissed off with the problems i was facing all the time and the money i had pumped into it i wish i could have taken the seller to court but too big a time delay to do any think though eBay i hope other people don't get burnt like me

Sorry to hear this. For me the biggest issue here was the initial price $19,000 Australian Dollars if I remember right. That's crazy money. Then finding out it had issues which needed major motor work. Very disappointing. I can't blame you for deciding to pass it along. There comes a pont when you have to decide to either stick it out and not let it beat you or dump it before it kills you. I respect your decision and wish you well in your endeavors. Don't be a stranger.
KB
The following user(s) said Thank You: kiwirider

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Intake valves 6 years 7 months ago #17358

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
That's what I thought, Vesrah. I think I can't pass them with this price tag, even if I just replace a few.

Kiwirider. Sorry to hear that. I would be interested knowing more about what problems you encountered. It could direct me to where I should be looking for trying to find potential problems, those hidden ones especially. Pretty much everything I touch on this bike is a problem. I haven't got even ONE break. Pretty much it's like building the bike from scratch.
It is not a big deal for someone with a garage and most importantly, the funds. And the expenses add up quick. If I was more rational I'd be giving up on it as well. I am a dreamer though, and I have this image of one day hearing it roar. Not sure where I will find the money to complete this project, but years ago I had to leave behind a similar one unfinished when almost complete (1956 AJS 500), and this time I just can't leave this bike.

KB. $19k?! Wow.. That sounds like this bike should had been gold plated.. I think eBay comes with also PayPal's guarantee. Of course finding out problems too late wouldn't help. Then the shipping back and paperwork. Sueing would maybe take years, and the end result always uncertain. Good to hear to took care of the bike. Once running the bad feeling will fade with the wind ;)

Stan
The following user(s) said Thank You: kiwirider

Intake valves 6 years 7 months ago #17360

• kiwirider
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Thank for the support i am gutted .On the good side i have just brought my old gt750 back the guy i sold it to died so i felt i needed to buy it back to finish it off should be ok only three cylinders to deal with lol. Good luck Stan my problem was i should have concentrated on the engine first not all the bling . KB has said many times trust nobody's work that has been done previous on the bike unless you know them and could trust them.
2018 Harley cvo ultra 1982 cbx1000 1980 gsx1100 2012 gtr1400 cx500 turbo 1977 suzuki gt750

Last edit: by kiwirider.

Intake valves 6 years 7 months ago #17364

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

KB has said many times trust nobody's work that has been done previous on the bike unless you know them and could trust them.

Totally agree. I'd say at least 7 out of ten times I have to make trips back to the store or a place, or write emails. Not just with service but also paperwork, government office and so on. Very frustrating.

It is so tempting taking first care of the bling! haha I have to stop myself. Just like you said, better to make sure the engine is fine and have it put together first. I did the cylinder block, now the cylinder head. And the head will eat into my budged in a huge way. I am cleaning and polishing stuff in the meantime one by one, it gives me a chance to diagnose problems. So far I chromed the clutch cover only. I just couldn't wait! haha One good thing that came out of it is it motivates me and gives me the illusion of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. But the money has to be spent on engine first.

Intake valves 6 years 7 months ago #17370

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
I just want to say that I ordered the 6 intake valves from eBay. They come from Germany, made in Japan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy

Intake valves 5 years 5 months ago #21631

• Frank833
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
This is an old topic and the original eBay item is long gone.

But the Vesrah intake valves are still readily available for less than $100/set. Just google: Vesrah GG-4013-IN

Even Summit Racing has these though they are not the cheapest at $17.99/each.

Now if I could just get a set of exhaust valves for $100...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds