• Page:

TOPIC:

ZN1300 False neutral light indication 6 years 9 months ago #16887

• Bucko
  • Bucko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
Getting a neutral light indication when I'm searching for neutral and find that even though the neutral light is on, I'm not really in neutral. It's a bit unnerving. Anyone else experience this" and if so, what's the fix. Thanks for any advice.
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ZN1300 False neutral light indication 6 years 9 months ago #16906

• Neville
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 75
I have experienced this on my Z1300 A1 as well - not sure if the electrical circuit is the same as the ZN but my symptoms were that the neutral light came on once the oil had warmed up and was on all the time when the engine was hot. I discovered that there was a short circuit from the neutral sensor "pin" to the body of the sensor. This seemed to be caused by a build up of grime and oil at the base of the pin that the neutral wire connects to. Hope your fix is as simple as mine was...

I bought a new neutral sensor (its a simple spring loaded plunger switch) but did not have to fit it - the cover needs removing to do this properly which means draining the oil and replacing the gasket.

ZN1300 False neutral light indication 6 years 9 months ago #16907

• Bucko
  • Bucko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
Thanks for your note Neville. I don't think my case is a short as the light doesn't come on randomly, only when I'm stopped and light tapping up or down to go into neutral. It seems as if the switch is out of adjustment although I suspect it's not adjustable - need to review the service manual to check.
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds