Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How much of a problem to resleeve the cylinders? 7 years 2 days ago #16221

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
Are you sure you're getting back the cylinder you sent? Just saying.............

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How much of a problem to resleeve the cylinders? 7 years 1 day ago #16235

• Ledkz1300
  • Ledkz1300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
I've begun to consider that possibility, or that the damage is post delivery. I just can't see how it was so heavily damaged packed like it was inside a box. This is why I am asking how brittle they are.

How much of a problem to resleeve the cylinders? 7 years 1 day ago #16238

• usakz1300
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 68
those sleeves are centrifugal spin cast iron, and very brittle if someone plays football with them. There are cylinders available on eBay. I used to live walking distance from L.A. Sleeve, great people, fantastic sleeves. To to the sleeve refit, you will also need to source new sealing O rings, in METRIC sizes to seal the sleeves back into the cylinder block. The sleeves have register flats cut into the top flanges, so when installed, they do not spin/rotate in the block. Chilling the sleeves and heating the block is the way to insert the new sleeves, but, don't forget to LIGHTLY coat the O ring areas on the sleeves with anti-seize.

If you do go the sleeve replacement route, please ask for your old sleeves back. I, for one, would like to know how thick they are in various places, so I can figure out even larger big bore oprions for our engines, and cutting up an old sleeve would sure help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ledkz1300

How much of a problem to resleeve the cylinders? 7 years 18 hours ago #16245

• Ledkz1300
  • Ledkz1300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Thanks USA.

I'm not sure how this got wrecked so badly. I'm thinking the buyer dropped it after opening it, or perhaps he is trying to play games by trying to send back his broken block. If I end up getting this back you are more than welcome to have the sleeves.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds