TOPIC:

Help ! Cylinder head rubber plug falls into engin 6 years 10 months ago #16449

• Dion
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Hi makjlo,
sorry to hear of your misfortune
if im correct in what im assuming,you tried to turn the engine over and it jammed directly ! then i would take it the rubber was in your chain and that stopped it going any further, im baffled to see how that would bend a valve!
if it cranked a few times (which would have spat the rubber out) and the chain possibly jumped some teeth then for sure you probably bent a valve.
what will be most likely preventing from turning the engine is that the timing is out and a piston is hitting a valve! (not necessarily the bent one)
in most cases(low engine speed ) if you bend a valve it is merely enough to prevent it reseating properly ! not enough for it to prevent full crank rotation.
I agree with Kawboy recheck your valve timing cross your fingers ! hold your breath and spin it by hand a couple of times to check for any noises, then spin on starter leads off ! if still worried before firing it up
its easy at times if your in a rush to make silly mistakes, if you dont have the experience doing maintenance on a engine a good rule of thumb is to
1 allow time when your not flustered or in a rush
2 have some kind of manual to refer to, and that you have all the tools necessary to accomplish your goal
3 have a tray or area to lay out all parts as you remove( this will help reassembly if you see them in order, also if you notice you have parts left over, then it will warn you not to fire or wind the engine over)
4 i double check when im finished each part of the job, (no parts left/ engine turns freely/ etc
every one jokes about the parts left over when doing mechanical work ! but if it happens its more often than not a pretty good warning you need to back up!
anyone who is not competently familiar with engines its a good habit to do by yourself no interference from playing kids, or boozing friends DISTRACTIONS DISTRACTIONS
Good luck Dion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy, Ledkz1300

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds