Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

OEM Head Gasket - Best place to buy?? 7 years 7 months ago #14269

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027

Yaegunp wrote:

Kawboy wrote: Our member Tyler had a custom head gasket made by Comitec for $79 U.S. and he was quite happy with it See his post here

kz1300.com/index.php/forum/welcome-mat/1...asket?start=12#13200

Had to laugh at this one Kawboy, this is the reply I received back from Comitec. Just out of principle I wouldn't buy from them $US245 before the cost of the head gasket, jeeeeez!! :woohoo:

Hi Paul,

Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. My name is Renata and I am in charge of international orders. Here is some information regarding international orders:

Bank wire transfer is the only payment option we offer and there is a $45.00 wire fee. I have attached the wire transfer payment form. I have also attached a dealer application in case you have a business, if not just fill out name, address, etc. Unless specified otherwise we will ship UPS, we do not ship USPS. UPS International costs approximately $200.00, but the shipping charges will go up depending on weight and dimensions of order and also location. We also ship FedEx, BAX GLOBAL or DHL but only if you have an account set up with them.

remember the story about the orings from Newmarket Ontario Canada to Australia? $200 Canadian. Turns out the shipping was quoted for next day arrival.

I would call Cometic back and ask for shipping costs with next week or more out. A head gasket shipped worldwide shouldnt be more than $50 U.S.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

OEM Head Gasket - Best place to buy?? 7 years 7 months ago #14270

• Yaegunp
  • Yaegunp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 32

Kawboy wrote:

Yaegunp wrote:

Kawboy wrote: Our member Tyler had a custom head gasket made by Comitec for $79 U.S. and he was quite happy with it See his post here

kz1300.com/index.php/forum/welcome-mat/1...asket?start=12#13200

Had to laugh at this one Kawboy, this is the reply I received back from Comitec. Just out of principle I wouldn't buy from them $US245 before the cost of the head gasket, jeeeeez!! :woohoo:

Hi Paul,

Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. My name is Renata and I am in charge of international orders. Here is some information regarding international orders:

Bank wire transfer is the only payment option we offer and there is a $45.00 wire fee. I have attached the wire transfer payment form. I have also attached a dealer application in case you have a business, if not just fill out name, address, etc. Unless specified otherwise we will ship UPS, we do not ship USPS. UPS International costs approximately $200.00, but the shipping charges will go up depending on weight and dimensions of order and also location. We also ship FedEx, BAX GLOBAL or DHL but only if you have an account set up with them.

remember the story about the orings from Newmarket Ontario Canada to Australia? $200 Canadian. Turns out the shipping was quoted for next day arrival.

I would call Cometic back and ask for shipping costs with next week or more out. A head gasket shipped worldwide shouldnt be more than $50 U.S.

This is a copy of their 2nd email to me as they told me how much shipping and transfer fee was but didn't mention how much the gasket was.

Hello Paul,

The gasket itself is priced out at $79.61. UPS shipping will be fairly expensive and will price out at $225.87 if ordered direct from us. To avoid excessive shipping charges you may want to contact Cometic Gasket Australia: www.cometic.com.au/ .

Which bore size and thickness are you looking for?

Thank You,

Looks like I can order it from Australia though
1983 Z1300 A5 plus Sidecar.

OEM Head Gasket - Best place to buy?? 7 years 6 months ago #14277

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
Outrageous shipping prices usually means something fishy. If you want same day service, you're going to pay through the nose. if you can wait a few weeks, then usually the prices are reasonable. if someone's trying to charge an outrageous amount it may be because they think you want it tomorrow. That's when I ask more questions.

The only time I see weird shipping prices is on EBay. If the item is price ridiculously low and the shipping price is ridiculously high then the EBayer is trying to screw EBay out of commission since the commission is charged on the sale value of the item. So in the end the EBayer gets his full amount and is dicked less on the cost of the sale.

OEM Head Gasket - Best place to buy?? 7 years 6 months ago #14296

• kza13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97

Yaegunp wrote: Hello Paul,

The gasket itself is priced out at $79.61. UPS shipping will be fairly expensive and will price out at $225.87 if ordered direct from us. To avoid excessive shipping charges you may want to contact Cometic Gasket Australia: www.cometic.com.au/ .

Which bore size and thickness are you looking for?

Thank You,

Looks like I can order it from Australia though

If you do get one from them could you let me know how much as i'd like to have a good one spare as I've installed my head with a cheap one, it's working but i'm not too happy with it, cheers Pete.
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

OEM Head Gasket - Best place to buy?? 7 years 6 months ago #14307

• Tonto
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Not sure if its of any use, but both Z-Power and Zed Parts in the UK have them at £98 GBP / $170 Aus / $128 US. although not sure what sipping would be.

Just a thought, but Z Power offer discount to Z1 Owners Club members - might do the same for KZ1300 members if you ask nicely ?

Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.

OEM Head Gasket - Best place to buy?? 7 years 6 months ago #14323

• Yaegunp
  • Yaegunp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 32

kza13 wrote: If you do get one from them could you let me know how much as i'd like to have a good one spare as I've installed my head with a cheap one, it's working but i'm not too happy with it, cheers Pete.

No probs Pete
1983 Z1300 A5 plus Sidecar.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds