• Page:

TOPIC:

A couple exhaust questions: Loose pipe = wtf? 7 years 10 months ago #13083

• brandonsmash
  • brandonsmash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8

Tonto wrote: Never seen that before ! although I recently had some replica pipes that needed a bit shaving off to achieve a tight seat at the collar.

Re your heat wave: you could always come to the UK, we've had almost a week of constant cloud, rain and drizzle: and it is presently a balmy 58F.

Joking aside, 3-4 years ago I was awaiting a flight out of Sky Harbor Airport (think that was in June),and there was an annoucement stating if it got any hotter than the then 121F, all flights would be cancelled due to the air density being too thin to achieve sufficient lift. I have had flights cancelled due to snow, but that was a new one on me :huh:

Usually it's not about air density that they'll close Sky Harbor; more often it's that the tarmac is simply too hot for the tires, and the aircraft tires can react unpredictably. That's. . . a bit dangerous.

Temperatures may be between 120-123F this weekend. I think I may just ditch town and go to San Diego for the weekend and put the KZ on hold for a weekend.

As for the exhaust, I'll try flip-flopping stuff around to see if I can find the culprit. If I can identify the culprit (I mean, there are only 4 variables: Pipe, holder, collars, head) I can fix it. It's not as if I hurt for welders (I have 6) or anything. Maybe this will even give me an excuse to break out the bench mill!
Cut to approximate, smash to fit!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds