Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

clutch 7 years 10 months ago #12762

• BigSix
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 224
Please keep in mind when your Zed has been built, at those times all the oils had been based on mineral-oil - I would strictly recommend to stick to the "old-school" oils.

regardZ

Holger
Z1300 A1/ KZT30AG built 1979
frame KZT30A 004285
engine KZT30A 000288
location: borderland-triangle France/ Germany/ Switzerland, Europe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by BigSix.

clutch 7 years 10 months ago #12767

• paulb
  • paulb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Thanks guys
as always a wealth of knowledge and experience , i will investigate all avenues and let you know what i find once again thanks for your help
paulb

clutch 7 years 10 months ago #12933

• paulb
  • paulb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Guys just thought i would give you an update on the clutch issue i was experiencing, turns out it was an adjustment problem took guidance from the manual and it is cured by adjusting the nut on the small arm.
I must have changed 10 clutch cables over the years and never once touched this particular nut i have just adjusted it on the top and bottom cable adjusters and never had a problem so just goes to show you never stop learning, thanks for your help
Paulb

clutch 7 years 10 months ago #12938

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
First, glad to hear you figured out your problem and got it solved.

A short story- My son, when he turned 16 was desperate for a set of wheels so he could be mobile. Worked his ass off at Swiss Chalet and managed to get $1,000 dollars together and found an old Ford Ranger that he bought for $800. Needed a lot of work and he was counting on good old dad to fix it up for him. I asked why he thought it was my job to fix the truck for him and his reply was "well I don't know how to fix things" I said I'd be around for guidance when he got in trouble, but it was his truck. He asked "How am I going to learn how to fix the truck" My reply was "Go buy yourself a workshop manual and teach yourself. When you get in trouble, call me."
My whole purpose in this mission was to teach him that when he didn't know how to do something, do the research and teach yourself. Service manuals are designed by engineers and include best practices for investigating and repairing the most common problems associated with the equipment the manual was written for. This teaching has served him well. He now does all of his own research and self teaching. He's now 29 years old and up until last winter was running a oil well services company in Alberta with 147 workers under him. He's now a Project Manager for Schlumberger. I'm amazed at what he takes on. He wouldn't hesitate taking on anything new and he thanks me for pushing him to learn from the manual when he was just a young pup.

as the saying goes "Give a man a fish and he'll have food for a day. Teach a man how to fish and he can feed himself for a lifetime"

clutch 7 years 10 months ago #12939

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
My wife says
"Give a man a fish and he'll have food for a day. Teach a man how to fish and you wont see him all weekend"
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

clutch 7 years 10 months ago #12942

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
My wife states "Give a man a Z1300 and you will find him in the garage mainly" !

Pete F
UK
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds