Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Drill baffles on a 84 voyager 1300 9 years 1 week ago #7197

• lucasind
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
When I got my 85'1300 the previous owner put these helix-dunstall pipes on it ,but was obviously in a hurry to throw em on the bike !
Looking at these stock brackets that came in the box ,mounted on the OUTSIDE drove me NUTS ! I believe that mounting brackets should be out of sight ....so I fabbed my own.

The new brackets are installed to the inside and making the appearence MUCH better !

I spent the winter months disassembling and cleaning/painting.....well worth the effort !

The pipes are a bit louder than stock but not annoying....actually they have a very "SWEET" tone ! very unique especially behind 6 cylinders !

Here is a link to helix dunstall :https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=helix%20dunstall
www.amazon.com/Helix-Racing-Products-Uni...nstall/dp/B000GZJJYW
Hope this helps .....tony :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nocredit73

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by lucasind.

Drill baffles on a 84 voyager 1300 9 years 1 week ago #7198

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Good job there Lucasind. I can't imagine any aftermarket manufacturer making something that ugly to go on a motorbike. At least you got it fixed. Nice job!!

Drill baffles on a 84 voyager 1300 9 years 6 days ago #7208

• Phil
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 1984 ZG1300-A1 DFI
  • Thank you received: 144
In reply to the OP you could try removing the mufflers as I remember removing mine from the original system & being surprised at the fact it wasn't that noisy, due no doubt to the expansion boxes on the end of the collectors as was stated previously. If you do find it a little too noisy for your taste you could always add some short universal mufflers onto the end of the expansion boxes, that seems to be a popular mod on the KZs.
I also remember when removing the original mufflers on my ZG & peering down them I could see daylight out the other end, so they are of straight-through design with a perforated tube allowing the gases to expand into chambers. Not sure if the mufflers on the ZN are the same though.
Only dead fish go with the flow

Last edit: by Phil.

Drill baffles on a 84 voyager 1300 9 years 6 days ago #7211

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 38
Just add straight pipes off the head-pipes and get a sound similar to this. This is a Honda Valkyrie, but the ZN1300 should sound even better being a straight six. I test rode this bike before buying my ZN and I almost decided to take it home instead, but just too much money for me at the time. FUN bike, though!

Watch around the 2:40 time mark to hear it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nocredit73

Last edit: by trikebldr.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds