TOPIC:

Tacho needle 9 years 4 months ago #5600

• paulb
  • paulb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Guys
driving home today and my rev counter needle snapped, anyone had to repair or replace one any suggestions welcome
thanks
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tacho needle 9 years 4 months ago #5604

• Lucien-Harpress
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 108
I did a bit of research, back when I was trying to put a 160 mile speedo on my 1980. The old needles are impossible to remove without breaking (they are VERY brittle after 35 years. Whatever Kawasaki made them out of, it wasn't that great). While any needle will do if you're not picky, the closest I've seen to stock is the needles on the GL1100 Goldwings. The color is wrong (the needle is white rather than orange) and I can't speak for length, but both are problems easily fixable. GL1100 gauges aren't that cheap, but they're easier to find and probably more resilient that the stock needles are.

Tacho needle 9 years 4 months ago #5606

• kza13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
The german shop has replacement needles, I got two myself, he also sends a piece of paper explaining how to change them, you use two teaspoons, but you have to mark the position of the needle onto the "cup" with the needle at about 9 or 10 oclock , this will give you the right "preload" on the new needle and make it return right and also work the same as the old one, anyway there was a post with photos of the german shop needles somewhere here a while back, cheers

27 euros each
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153
Attachments:

Last edit: by kza13.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds