Username: Password: Remember me
Electrical

TOPIC:

AW82-TR1 Coil Upgrade For Z1300 & KZ1300. How To ! 3 years 8 months ago #27356

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
One of our members went with .4 Ohm resistors Beru WZ04-2.

.4 Ohm Beru WZ04-2 resistor

Same resistor EBay option
EBay Beru.4 ohm resistor
The following user(s) said Thank You: fabio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Kawboy.

AW82-TR1 Coil Upgrade For Z1300 & KZ1300. How To ! 3 years 6 months ago #27745

• fabio
  • Thank you received: 0
At the end with 3 new coils ( primary with 2.5- 2.9 ohms)i shorten the original ballast from 1.9 to 0.5 ohms ,but again weak sparks and very fouled spark plugs.
So i removed all the ballast ,the current in each coils increase from 0.6 to 0.9 A (is it high for the transistor?)but nothing change.
Today i remove the spark plug cap resistor (5 Kohms) and the spark now is good,i dont know about the fouling because i'm worried about this changes and i stop the engine.
Could be dangerous for the engine,transistor etc. ?
thank
fabio

AW82-TR1 Coil Upgrade For Z1300 & KZ1300. How To ! 3 years 6 months ago #27751

• strate6
  • strate6's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
I have came into this post on the back end..........................I dont understand............but why all the talk about messing around with resistors etc. ???????

Just fit 3 x AW82 coils and bin the Ballast Resistor .....................job done !!!

I have done this to all my 11 x Z1300's and KZ1300's and numerous friends Z1300's and NEVER EVER have any of the bikes had an issue or problem or any need what so ever to mess around with resistors !!

Why make things more complicated and difficult when all is needed is a straight swap of the 3 coils.......end of.........job done.........completion.......nomore ???????

Pete F
UK
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: McBoney

Last edit: by strate6.

AW82-TR1 Coil Upgrade For Z1300 & KZ1300. How To ! 3 years 6 months ago #27767

• CWB
  • Thank you received: 11
Hey "Bro" this "Bro" thank you profusely for the excellent unambiguous write up and better placement of the topic. I did remember reading this some time ago and was just in the process of looking for it as a starting point. Noted that the stampAW82-TR1 is required .
Bill
Aus

AW82-TR1 Coil Upgrade For Z1300 & KZ1300. How To ! 3 years 6 months ago #27782

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96

strate6 wrote: I have came into this post on the back end..........................I dont understand............but why all the talk about messing around with resistors etc. ???????

Just fit 3 x AW82 coils and bin the Ballast Resistor .....................job done !!!

I have done this to all my 11 x Z1300's and KZ1300's and numerous friends Z1300's and NEVER EVER have any of the bikes had an issue or problem or any need what so ever to mess around with resistors !!

Why make things more complicated and difficult when all is needed is a straight swap of the 3 coils.......end of.........job done.........completion.......nomore ???????

Pete F
UK

I can concur. I did the same thing, no issues whatsoever, Lithium-ion battery and all...
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...

AW82-TR1 Coil Upgrade For Z1300 & KZ1300. How To ! 3 years 3 months ago #28316

• ronlander
  • Thank you received: 2
Hey guys, I have an extra ballast (Bosch) holder for the AW82-TR1 Coil Upgrade, I had two made, not my best work but it will do, it's made from stainless steel so it will not rust, willing to give it for free to anyone from the forum. PM me with an address and Ill send it out.

Mary Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds