• Page:

TOPIC:

Don't get burned ! 4 years 7 months ago #24759

• scotch
  • scotch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
just had a PM dialogue with someone and thought this topic should be revisted, again !
From the motoelectrix sight:
Beware of the copies out there now being sold they are substandard quality made in China I sell genuine Shindengen quality only. Note: the copies do not have a metal back they have black potting material only. Such as on eBay; "For SHINDENGEN FH020AA Regulator Rectifier Upgrade Kit Replaces FH020AA"
Apparently this is a cheap copy:

Compare with: motoelectrix.com/ and note the hardware too !

1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil, Kawboy, StanG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by scotch.

Don't get burned ! 4 years 7 months ago #24760

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
If you realy want to go this route and get a MOSFET regulator, www.roadstercycle.com/ is also another reputable dealer selling true Shindengen regulators. He has posted a Youtube video regarding the Chinese copies that are garbage. The video is 5:47 minutes long and worth the time to view.

Youtube video on fake Shindengen regulators
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil, scotch

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Don't get burned ! 4 years 7 months ago #24761

• Phil
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 1984 ZG1300-A1 DFI
  • Thank you received: 144
Is there nothing the Chinese won't counterfeit? :unsure: There were also reports of fake Motobatt batteries & NGK spark plugs too...
Only dead fish go with the flow

Don't get burned ! 4 years 7 months ago #24763

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027

Phil wrote: Is there nothing the Chinese won't counterfeit? :unsure: There were also reports of fake Motobatt batteries & NGK spark plugs too...

An interesting stat- In 2017 the population of china was 1.386 billion people. 2019, 2 years later 1.420 billion people. That's a growth of 34 million people in 2 years and they are all fighting for an existence. Population of USA 276 million and Canada 37 million.
We keep demanding goods for cheaper prices and manufacturers are turning to 3 world countries to produce the goods based on cost of labor. You mention fake NGK plugs. Do we know for a fact that they are Chinese counterfeit or are they NGK plugs made in China? How are we to know. Half of our "American made" automobiles are "assembled" in the great USA but most of the parts are manufactured in Mexico, Brazil etc. Do we still have the right to say "made in USA" if more than 50% of the parts are made elsewhere?
It's a sad state of affairs and I wished I had a crystal ball for a view of the future. If Johhy Carson was still alive, I'd have him ask the Great Carnac :side:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil, scotch

Don't get burned ! 4 years 7 months ago #24764

• zed_thirteen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
I bought a used one from a BMW in a breakers yard as they were fitted as standard to that model.

As I remember there are several tell tale signs that differentiate the fakes. Number of fins and the points where there is a recess in each of the fins differs. I think the fraudsters might be in fear of a 100% knock-off so have subtle differences.

Google will show you how to spot the fakes - but you do need a very keen eye!

By the way - I did by a brand new Chinese fake by mistake that claimed to be genuine. It was charging at 17 volts! Be very careful
1980 KZ1300 B2 Touring/A2
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil, scotch, Kawboy

Last edit: by zed_thirteen.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds