Username: Password: Remember me
Electrical
  • Page:

TOPIC:

regulator rectifier/ stator recommendations 5 years 2 months ago #23346

• orangechicken007
  • orangechicken007's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all, I am getting ready to replace my regulator rectifier as well as my stator. I know a popular modification on the Old Suzuki Gs bikes is to switch to the Shindengen SH755 regulator rectifier. I did this on my relatively easily and I am wondering if it is a solid Modification on my 1980 kz1300 b. As was looking around the forum I saw several mentions of the FA020AA and the harder to find SH847 but no mention of the SH755. Can anyone tell me which one is going to be the best for the 1300? I know that the 847 and the 755 are both "Series" RR's not sure about the FA020AA. I also have found several legit SH755 on ebay for around 40 USD but not as much luck the the 847 or FA020AA. any help would be appreciated, thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

regulator rectifier/ stator recommendations 5 years 2 months ago #23352

• zed_thirteen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
I did the FA020 but I was stung by a knock off when purchasing what was claimed to be a genuine article (or very misleading description) on evil-bay.

After doing some research on fake and real ones I decided to buy a used one from an old BMW motorcycle. Works a treat. Of course I already had the right connectors for it that came with the knock off version but they are available to buy if you go for a second hand one.

I like the soft start on the FA020. It doesn't start charging immediately and allows battery to settle after cranking
1980 KZ1300 B2 Touring/A2
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1
The following user(s) said Thank You: orangechicken007

regulator rectifier/ stator recommendations 5 years 2 months ago #23353

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
www.kz1300.com/index.php/forum/electrica...401-mosfet-v-r#16912

I'm extremely happy with the performance of this V/R. I replaced the stator at the same time.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
The following user(s) said Thank You: orangechicken007

Last edit: by scotch.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds