TOPIC:

KZ1300 A1. US Spec. Headlight Question. 5 years 3 months ago #22727

• strate6
  • strate6's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Thanks Scotch................but a simple single switch wired into the NEGATIVE side of the bulb is far easier than wiring for both High and Low circuits and prevents ALL power to either low or high beam, so covers both.
The switch will only be OFF for a matter of seconds when I initially start the bike, as I will want the lights on as soon as its running.
It does mean the WHITE BULB FAIL LIGHT on the right of the light cluster is illuminated by the control unit when the switch is OFF, but that's good as it also acts as a prompt for me to turn the switch back on when the bike is started..........so fail safe !

I've now carried this job out and it all works perfectly and allows all the battery power to go directly to the Starter instead of the headlight bulb stealing it !

Thanks again

Pete F
UK
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by strate6.

KZ1300 A1. US Spec. Headlight Question. 5 years 3 months ago #22736

• Bucko
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164

stocktoy wrote: What I did was to take the switch apart and file the rotating disk that the button is fastened to so the switch would rotate past the low beam position enough that the headlight would go off.

I also did this same mod years ago when my 79 was still 'new'.
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

KZ1300 A1. US Spec. Headlight Question. 5 years 3 months ago #22763

• strate6
  • strate6's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356

stocktoy wrote: It is wired so the headlight is on all the time. What I did was to take the switch apart and file the rotating disk that the button is fastened to so the switch would rotate past the low beam position enough that the headlight would go off. Giving me the option to turn the headlight off if desired. However if you go to Electrical Connections website they sell a headlight bypass relay for the Honda Goldwing ( I have an 06 model among others...:woohoo: ) so the headlight will not turn on until the relay is energized after starting. I'm sure it could be incorporated into the 1300's headlight circuit.

electricalconnection.com/index.php/brand...da/goldwing-tour-18/

Which "Switch" are you refering to ?

Thanks

Pete F
UK

electricalconnection.com/?s=headlight+relay

Hope this helps

Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds