Electrical

TOPIC:

Where's the oil pressure switch? 5 years 6 months ago #21315

• RChaloner
  • RChaloner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 40
Yes indeed Kawboy quite right, and it was a bit of a contextual thing as I'm still to strip the engine and sort the low compressions and rattles, so this was an earnest bit of 'displacement activity' prior to doing so!
Knowing that the rest of the circuit is present and correct ticked another thing off the list.

I'd brazed up some exhaust header damage and repainted the exhaust, so fancied reassembling it to run / bake the exhaust paint.
A daft sequence of events (prior to engine fixing) I admit, but after ages having to refab the frame rails and all missing frame brackets and painting panels, and given that it only takes about an hour to assemble the 'top line' of these old 70s machines I thought I'd have a bit of fun.

My last pre-stripdown 'fidget' is to sort the rev counter, which moves incredibly sluggishly, so could be gumbed-up bearings.

There was one semi-serious point to the test run, in that I've rebuilt the 6 - 1 exhaust 'silencer' (received it with no internals at all) with new perf' pipe and packing material and wanted some sense of how loud it is, regarding UK MOT tests.

And hmm, it's a bit loud for my liking (not surpirsing with a straight through large bore) but some of the guys (one an ex tester) in our workshop think it could pass.
So may add some baffling or just try and see what happens...
1979 KZ1300 A1
1999 K1200LT - now sold, I like them however was nearly as big as my X5 but no faster.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds